Predator Helios 300 i5 Sense Not Working/ Not Opening properly

Reinfog
Reinfog Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi! I don't remember when this started happening but I think it was after I was forced to update to the windows 10 fall creators update. When I click my predator sense icon in the desktop, it just shows the opening logo and then nothing would happen. I noticed that after the opening logo, predatorsense.exe gets stuck in the background processes. I tried re-installing multiple times but it still happens. I also tried windows 8 compatibility mode but still it does not open. What can be the problem?

Some details:
Laptop - G3-571 (Predator Helios 300 i5 variant)
PredatorSense version - 2.01.3005
All Drivers recently updated using Driver Booster 5

Answers

• Reinfog

Tinkerer

Hi @brummyfan2, thanks for the help. I tried doing the steps but it still didn't work. Also as mentioned, i tried setting the compatibility settings to windows 8 but it did not fix the problem.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    I couldn't find any solution, just hang in there, someone else might chime in, in the meantime I'll look for a solution, be patient.
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Reinfog said:
    Hi! I don't remember when this started happening but I think it was after I was forced to update to the windows 10 fall creators update. When I click my predator sense icon in the desktop, it just shows the opening logo and then nothing would happen. I noticed that after the opening logo, predatorsense.exe gets stuck in the background processes. I tried re-installing multiple times but it still happens. I also tried windows 8 compatibility mode but still it does not open. What can be the problem?

Some details:

Try ending all of the PredatorSense processes in Task Manager, then starting it using the compatibility troubleshooter.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Reinfog

Tinkerer

Reinfog said:

Some details:

Try ending all of the PredatorSense processes in Task Manager, then starting it using the compatibility troubleshooter.

Skelo
    Hi Skelo. Thanks for helping! I tried this but still it does not work. Opening logo shows then it goes to background processes and does not open.
  • cobizzle
    cobizzle Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,

I'm having this exact same issue. Tried everything I've seen on this thread and other threads. 

Have uninstalled and reinstalled PredatorSense a couple of times.

I would appreciate it if someone happened to stumble across a different fix. Is there possibly a way to send the problem to Acer and see what they say? Just thinking out loud.
  • DRIBAJL
    DRIBAJL Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem and I also followed all the steps and tried any possible solutions. I have tried customer service as well and they have informed me that they can solve this but I need to send my laptop to their care centre and it will take 10 days. So if anyone able to find a solution for this then it would be much appreciated. Thanks
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited March 2018
    Try using IOBit Uninstaller to remove Predator Sense and all hidden files (an option on the uninstaller) and uninstall both Predator Senses that show on IOBit then reboot.
    After reboot reinstall.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Predator47
    Predator47 Member Posts: 1 New User
    It wasn't working for me too. but i just updated my windows and boom it started working. I hope this could help.
  • Miras888
    Miras888 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Reinfog said:

Some details:

At my laptop too such model well at me too such problem, you as this problem have solved?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    I believe the fix so far has been to reinstall windows (if the alternative options above dont fix it)
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Uninstall Predator Sense, reinstall Turbo Boost driver, and then try installing Predator Sense again.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Miras888

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    Uninstall Predator Sense, reinstall Turbo Boost driver, and then try installing Predator Sense again.
    Turbo Boost driver for Intel?
  • sri369
    edited August 2018
    Miras888 said:
    sri369 said:
    It is there on Acer drivers web site.

Mine is a G3-572 and i need to install this before installing PS. Yours is a G3-571, and I see this on your device page too.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Miras888

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    Miras888 said:
    sri369 said:

Mine is a G3-572 and i need to install this before installing PS. Yours is a G3-571, and I see this on your device page too.

well, how would I install this turbo boost driver before, and when I want to set 2 options out now.1: remove the product from your computer, 2: fix the errors in the last installation
  • Miras888

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    Miras888 said:
    sri369 said:

Do you then work? At me all the same does not work or I that that I do not correctly do
  • sri369
    @Miras888

Did you do this --> Uninstall Predator Sense, reinstall Turbo Boost driver, and then try installing Predator Sense again.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Miras888

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    @Miras888

Did you do this --> Uninstall Predator Sense, reinstall Turbo Boost driver, and then try installing Predator Sense again.
    and after that you earned PredatorSense?
  • sri369
    Miras888 said:
    sri369 said:
    @Miras888

and after that you earned PredatorSense?
    Try to follow the steps and let us the know outcome please, than keep on asking questions without trying out. I am only trying to troubleshoot your issue.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Hristo
    Hristo Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Hi. Before 2 weaks i have the same problem.
    Just in local *disk C* were is your Windows installed, you need delete all! From system--->Update & Security---->Recovery----->Reset this PC! 100% work! 🙂
    Good luck!
    And dont forget, first instal Predator Sence!