Acer Liquid Zest Plus Latest Software Update 2018

TheSprunkGTA97
TheSprunkGTA97 Member Posts: 18 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Hi, i'am wondering what's new in this latest software update.

Android Security Patch Level
5 January 2018

Answers

• Dedek666
    Dedek666 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, i'am wondering what's new in this latest software update.

Android Security Patch Level
    5 January 2018
    I'm no major changes watching.
  • steph
    steph Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

It's an official security update for Android. Nothing visible, same performances, same OS...
  • koshman
    koshman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but I have had this phone for six months and the battery life was exceptional. I am a very light user and the battery would last 6-8 days before it needed to be charged. About two/three weeks ago the battery life began to drop and I was charging the phone more often. Now I am having to charge it every two days. I have not installed any new apps and my usage has not changed. Is it possible that a software update could be causing the problem. Have searched but cannot find anyone else with this kind of complaint.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi koshman,

The battery is consumable and performance or battery life will decrease over time (number of charges, it has limited cycles overcharging and extreme temperatures, etc.) so the 2 days your are getting out of it is pretty good and is still within phone specs. Please review the following link for more information https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47972

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Monot
    Monot Member Posts: 3 New User
    How do I update my Liquid Zest Plus to the 5 January 2018 Android Security Patch Level?

I just purchased Liquid Zest Plus, and according to Settings -> About phone, my phone's Android security patch level is December 5, 2016.

I understand that this device is not getting the latest Android OS update from its current Android 6.0, which is fine, but I would like to have the security update, if one is available.

I have tried Settings -> About phone -> System updates and the auto updater simply tells me that my device is up to date. How do I update the phone's OS (if there was any update that became available after the phone's initial release, even if we are not getting the latest OS) or the security patch?

Thank you.
  • steph

Tinkerer

Maybe the release of updates depends on your location. I have selected the Acer Live Updater manually (Settings -> About phone -> System updates) and the update was downloaded and installed (takes ~20 minutes).  My phone's Android security patch level is January 5, 2018. This is my third update since I have purchased the device in 2016, the 2nd update was in December 2016.
  • Riplin
    Riplin Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Haha, your one of the lucky ones then. Getting these phones to update the security patches is a crapshoot. Mine is still on Security patch Aug.5 2016. No matter what you try it says the device is up to date. It's a good thing I don't use the phone for anything other than talking txt'ing and some light browsing cause I sure don't trust it to do any banking or sensitive info *****.
  • Monot
    Monot Member Posts: 3 New User
    Depends on the location? That would be a total nonsense. And right, as I said, I just bought the phone, don't know when it was manufactured, but can't get the phone to be updated in any way after it was pulled out of the box. Plus, there's the bluetooth issue that I am asking for someone's help in another post...

Sigh... maybe I try another phone...
  • natewu
    natewu Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Its now March 31st, I'm in Canada, and my latest update is still Dec 2016.
    I Bought the phone on Aug 2017...
  • jbp
    jbp Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Same problem. I'm in Canada, and my latest update is still Dec 2016.   Current date is 2018-08-13.    Update do NOT work.   Any clue where I can download the patch and apply in manual update mode ( if the automatic update do not work )    Thank 
  • jbp
    jbp Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Acer support SUCK !!!     Can not update my phone    :-/   Still have the  "old" Dec 2016 softwarwe on it....   :-( 
  • TomInOrleans
    TomInOrleans Member Posts: 2 New User
    Does the latest update fix the Bluetooth problem with this phone?
  • steph

Tinkerer

edited November 2018
    Just installed a new available security patch for my T08 dated August 5, 2018. Nothing else changes.