Windows Task Scheduler with throttlestop Nitro 5 i7

illenic
illenic Member Posts: 64 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hey guys i set up my undervolt profile in throttlestop to start up with windows, all of that works fine, however when i go to open throttlestop with the icon it tells me its already running but doesnt bring up the interface... what do i have to do to be able to get it to show up? thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited February 2018
    Hi,
    Yes, select "When I log on" radio button in the second step( Trigger) of the guide.
  • illenic
    Ok cool I’ll give that a try, thank you both greatly appreciated 
  • illenic
    hey guys i tried changing the trigger to when i log on and its still the same thing!
  • Hi,
    In that case, delete the Basic task and create another, select "when the computer starts". 

• illenic
    Ok I’ll try that again, I had it set like that before and it was always like that, maybe if I delete it and reset it like you said I’ll change something.. should I delete and redone load throttlestop too?
  • Hi,
    Yes, check all the settings are exactly like in the instruction.
  • illenic
    Will do, I’ll re do it all when I get home and post an update! Thanks! 
  • unclewebb
    unclewebb Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    The ThrottleStop user interface can only be accessed in the user account that ThrottleStop was started in.  If you have 2 user accounts open and you start ThrottleStop in one account, you will not be able to access the user interface in the other account.  The under volt will be applied in both accounts but you will not be able to make any changes in the second account.

[quote]create another, select "when the computer starts".[/quote]

If you do that, ThrottleStop will start up before your user account starts.  That means you will have zero access to the user interface.

Follow the guide at Notebook Review exactly.   

• illenic
    I thought about that too, there’s only one account on the computer (mine) and I’ve tried it with both options “when computer starts” and “when I log on” both have the same results 
  • unclewebb
    unclewebb Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Did you follow every step in the Notebook Review guide exactly?  It does not make any sense that this method works in every version of Windows that i have tried but it does not work on your computer.  It also seems to work for every other person that has done this or else there would be more complaints.
  • illenic
    i know, but honestly things have a tendency to ***** me over when it comes to stuff like this... im honestly not surprised.. im about to redo everything now.....
  • illenic
    i i think ive got it!! i followed the guide and redownloaded throttlestop and restarted my comp. and boom!there it was in the tray! i dunno what fixed it, although i have a feeling it was redownloading throttlestop... because the guide on the site and the video i watched had the same set up! either way im glad its working thanks for the help!! if i use throttlestop to do my undervolting, can i use the XTU stress test to make sure it doesnt blue screen??? thanks a lot you guys are the best!