Acer Nitro 515-51 Keyboard not working

turkino
turkino Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
After updating the drivers of my PC with the program DriverPack Solution, the keyboard on my PC stopped working. Touchpad is still functioning. I plugged a USB keyboard to keep working too. Is there any keyboard driver for the AN515-51 or any solution to this problem?

Answers

• turkino
    Windows Defender Security Center detects a problems with the driver ELAN EzTouchFilter. I don't know if ths problem is related.
  • turkino
    Keyboard power button is working, hence, I can turn on or off the laptop from that key. Keyboard light turns on, but never turns off. It should turns off after 30 seconds of inactivity (if I'm correct.). I think ELAN EzTouchFilter probably is a driver for an external touch monitor that I have.
  • turkino
    I did a rollback on the driver ELAN EzTouchFilter, and I think that basically Windows remove it because the driver is no longer there. After that, the keyboard start to work perfectly. Still don't know exactly the purpose of that driver in Windows, but apparently it was directly involve with the keyboard problem.

• turkino
    For your information, here is a procedure of the rollback:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-roll-back-a-driver-in-windows-2619217
  • RonnyBeltran
    RonnyBeltran Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you so much, i was so worried about it, i had the same problem with the same laptop, jsut rolled back the driver and it was solved. Thank you again.
  • Asimerito
    Asimerito Member Posts: 4 New User
    I can’t roll it back help me:(
  • Asimerito
    Asimerito Member Posts: 4 New User
    It appears roll back but I can’t click on it 
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @Asimerito

The keyboard will always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke. The timer is fixed at 30 seconds.
    For more info check this link
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903/~/acer-nitro-keyboard-backlight

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • khrehankashmiri
    khrehankashmiri Member Posts: 6 New User
    turkino said:
    Windows Defender Security Center detects a problems with the driver ELAN EzTouchFilter. I don't know if ths problem is related.
    go to device manager and un install ELAN EzTouchFilter .
    after that scan and update drivers check in keybords  update drivers there all will ok
  • khrehankashmiri
    after that scan and update drivers check in keybords  update drivers there all will ok
  • khrehankashmiri
    turkino said:
    I did a rollback on the driver ELAN EzTouchFilter, and I think that basically Windows remove it because the driver is no longer there. After that, the keyboard start to work perfectly. Still don't know exactly the purpose of that driver in Windows, but apparently it was directly involve with the keyboard problem.

• atmehra2442
    atmehra2442 Member Posts: 2 New User
    turkino said:
    Keyboard power button is working, hence, I can turn on or off the laptop from that key. Keyboard light turns on, but never turns off. It should turns off after 30 seconds of inactivity (if I'm correct.). I think ELAN EzTouchFilter probably is a driver for an external touch monitor that I have.
    I have the same problem. how did you fix it?