problems with temperature 50-65 normal activity and 70-84 whith stress, it is normal?

Blasty1337
Blasty1337 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
i get my nitro acer 515-51 yesterday, and i test in games etc, but is There is something that has me worried the temperature is to high, when i am editing videos or playing games, the cpu reach the 75-80 degrees and the gpu 75-83 degrees, so i decided to buy a external fan, but the temperature it is the same only low 2 degrees, i read a loot and i activate the CoolBoost, but is not sufficient, i dont know is this temperature is normal, i had a litle of fear about this, becouse i read what happen when the the computer heats up, I want to take care of my computer, it's my first acer laptop.

Is there any way to improve the temperature, is it normal for it to reach those degrees?, thanks for your time, take care!

Answers

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited February 2018
    Here is my sticky that talks about temperatures. The CPU temperature is fine but the GPU temperature is considered at the limit. 

The suggestion for a fix are there as well. You can try undervolting. Since you have the i5, if you undervolt go with with: 
    Core: -0.100
    Cache: -0.100
    GPU: -0.060

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Yes it's fine.
    Hope that helped you.
  • Blasty1337
    Blasty1337 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Here is my sticky that talks about temperatures. The CPU temperature is fine but the GPU temperature is considered at the limit. 

The suggestion for a fix are there as well. You can try undervolting. Since you have the i5, if you undervolt go with with: 
    Core: -0.100
    Cache: -0.100
    GPU: -0.060

Skelo
    i had i7 and gtx 1050 ti