1050Ti is never selected as primary GPU!!!! how to fix

illenic
illenic Member Posts: 64 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
guys im trying to play a copy of gta and it always uses the intel graphics instead of the nivida, i put it in the settings to always use the nividia and i updated all the drivers and still nothing can someone please help me!! thanks!!!

Answers

• gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    go to documents, you ll be able to see a user congif file there inside a folder called rockstar.
    Open that xml file and see what is written next to graphics, if you see your garphic card's name there that means it is already using it.
    If no replace the name by your graphics card name.

Hope that helped you.
  • tomas1904
    tomas1904 Member Posts: 5 New User
    1.open control panel nvidia
    2.choose:"manage 3D settings.
    3. In global settings click on preffered graphics proccesor and choose High-Performance NVIDIA processor
  • illenic
    Thanks guys! I tried the second option already and it still hasn’t changed it I’ll try what reaper suggested and see.. also in my nvidia control panel there is no DSR option in the settings.. how do I fix that? Thanks a bunch guys!! 
  • illenic
    The file you’re talking about isn’t there I can’t find the directories you’re talking about 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    DSR is not supported by your laptop, because all video outputs are routed through the Intel integrated GPU, which doesn't support DSR.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• illenic
    Ok thanks... there’s no way to change the settings for the PC to use the GTX??
  • tomas1904
    tomas1904 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Well you should try again open nvidia control panel, again open manage 3d settings, then click on program settings, there choose your game from list and choose High-Performance NVIDIA processor
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    tomas1904 said:
    Well you should try again open nvidia control panel, again open manage 3d settings, then click on program settings, there choose your game from list and choose High-Performance NVIDIA processor
    Illenic, if you have tried this already, I suggest you to update the nvidia driver from nvidia.com and the intel gpu driver from here.

Look at my signiture, post your laptop's model number, OS etc.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited February 2018
    Hi @illenic,
    check out the link below on how to open the xml file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FCj3CSQej8

In the xml file you ll see a tag with tag name "video card description", in this video it is the last tag.
    Just replace whatever is written there  with your graphics card name.

If it is already there that means it is already using your your graphics card.
    Hope that helped you.
  • illenic
    You guys are the best got everything to work as I wanted!! Thank you!!!😁😁😁👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻