Acer Spin 11, R751T-C32Z

msorsdal
msorsdal Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just bought a Acer Chromebook Spin 11. The description and Acer says the EMR stylus is supported, but it simply doesn't work.
I googled it, and supposedly there is a version of the Spin 11 with no stylus support. (What is the point of that, with far better Chromebooks that are cheaper!)
However, it is just impossible to know which one it is!
Acer told me on the phone that there must be something wrong with the one I got, but I doubt it...
There could be some software it needs or whatever, and besides this pen issue, the unit works perfectly.
So I hope anyone here could help me, instead of me returning it, and then most likely sending the same product, with the same issue back and forth until 2019.
Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    msorsdal 

I am sorry to disappoint you but according to this model it has no support for EMR stylus.
    The supported model would have letter "N" with the model number.

The EMR stylus are battery-free and more resistant to accidental drops, reducing the total cost.

Please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    msorsdal 

I am sorry to disappoint you but according to this model it has no support for EMR stylus.
    The supported model would have letter "N" with the model number.

The EMR stylus are battery-free and more resistant to accidental drops, reducing the total cost.

Please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • msorsdal
    Thanks! Pretty hopeless that Acer support can not figure this out, but still claim that the pen should work! Also in the webstores description of this model, claims it supports passive stylus. *****, I'm returning it! 
  • msorsdal
    LOL!  I'm out of here, never Acer products again!

"Congratulations! You've been promoted to New User.
    You did it! You broke the ice! Now you're a bonafide member of the Acer Community! Feel free to change your avatar by clicking on your username in the top right of the page, hover over your avatar and click on Change Picture. You can select from one of over 100 avatars!"
  • Schreiners
    Schreiners Member Posts: 1 New User
    As stated in the comment above, this Acer website states that the EMR stylus pen ASA640 works with the Acer Chromebook 11 Spin R751T. So, I purchased the pen for $50. It doesn’t work. I wish I had seen this post before I purchased the pen. 
  • DaveChapman
    DaveChapman Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm typing on my Acer Chromebook 11 Spin R751T which I've had for over 12 months. Imagine my disappointment after purchasing an EMR pen last week to find it doesn't work and after much frustration ending up on this thread. EMR was a key feature when it was advertised and something I always intended purchasing. You need to be far clearer with specification and details on the Acer website but also at the many vendors, one of which at the time I purchased was advertising it with an EMR pen! I'm gutted and so disappointed.