Upgrades for my A515-51G

R7vmc
R7vmc Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I was thinking about speeding up my laptop and buy m.2 SSD with RAM upgrades too and repasting the CPU and GPU to get better temps so I have some questions

1- what kind of m.2 does A515-51G support? With product link pls

2- what is the maximum MHz for the RAM?

3- what is the best thermal paste and is there any videos or tutorials for repasting A515-51G?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited February 2018 Answer ✓
    @R7vmc

Please check if your device already has a second SSD.
    This model supports 128GB , 256Gb SSD up to 2TB with 6.0Gbits/s Fast data transfer rate.
    This model has two M.2 Card, One for WiFi (half card) and One for SSD (full or half card)

For thermal paste you can use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Arctic MX-4 and IC Diamond.
    It is not recommended due to warranty complications
    Instead of re-pasting thermal paste, it is better to buy a cooler pad. When a thermal paste is the issue, more airflow won't help.

Generally cooling pads only result in a few degrees of difference in temperature, passive or powered.  For the best results an angled cooler that allows greater air circulation to the air intake vents.  Even with high capacities powered coolers don't tend to add much to the equation.  If you opt for a powered cooler look for one with the highest volume of air (CFM) as is reasonably possibly, a single large fan is likely to be quieter than several smaller ones.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• R7vmc
    I Forgot to mention if is there a good Cooling Pad mention it pls
  • Sharanji
    R7vmc

This model has 4G DDR4 memory soldered to the mainboard.
    Also, it has one DDR4-type socket that supports maximum memory size of 20GB (2G/ 4G/ 8G/ 16G per socket)
    Supports  DIMM type DDR4 SO-DIMM with DIMM Speed DDR4 1866/ 2133 and  DIMM voltage 1.2V
    DIMM package : DDR4 SODIMM 260 Pin

Let me check for other details

• R7vmc
    @Sharanji thx but what about m.2 and thermal paste?
  • Sharanji
    edited February 2018 Answer ✓
    @R7vmc

This model supports 128GB , 256Gb SSD up to 2TB with 6.0Gbits/s Fast data transfer rate.
    This model has two M.2 Card, One for WiFi (half card) and One for SSD (full or half card)

For thermal paste you can use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Arctic MX-4 and IC Diamond.
    Instead of re-pasting thermal paste, it is better to buy a cooler pad. When a thermal paste is the issue, more airflow won't help.

Generally cooling pads only result in a few degrees of difference in temperature, passive or powered.  For the best results an angled cooler that allows greater air circulation to the air intake vents.  Even with high capacities powered coolers don't tend to add much to the equation.  If you opt for a powered cooler look for one with the highest volume of air (CFM) as is reasonably possibly, a single large fan is likely to be quieter than several smaller ones.

• R7vmc
    @Sharanji thx for your help
  • R7vmc
    Sharanji said:
    R7vmc

This model has 4G DDR4 memory soldered to the mainboard.
    Also, it has one DDR4-type socket that supports maximum memory size of 20GB (2G/ 4G/ 8G/ 16G per socket)
    Supports  DIMM type DDR4 SO-DIMM with DIMM Speed DDR4 1866/ 2133 and  DIMM voltage 1.2V
    DIMM package : DDR4 SODIMM 260 Pin

Let me check for other details

I have noticed on Task Managers it says my ram is 2400Mhz :anguished:
  • R7vmc
    Sharanji said:
    @R7vmc

is this Ram compatible with my Aspire?
  • samantaadi
    samantaadi Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Does my system support nmve M2.0 ssd?