Secondary HDD/SSD for Nitro 515-51

illenic
illenic Member Posts: 64 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
guys I was goin a bit of reading on the net for a second hdd on this laptop and I was in clear about a few things.. 1 is there anything else I need to buy besides the new drive to install it. 
2 how can you go about in installing it, and how not to void your warranty by doing so? Thanks!!!😁

Answers

• illenic
    illenic said:
    guys I was goin a bit of reading on the net for a second hdd on this laptop and I was in clear about a few things.. 1 is there anything else I need to buy besides the new drive to install it. 
    2 how can you go about in installing it, and how not to void your warranty by doing so? Thanks!!!😁
    Also does this model need the hard drive cable? Or does it have one already? I wasn’t exactly clear earlier, I’d like to swap my primary drive for an SSD and use the original HDD as a secondary.. in this case I would need to open up the laptop, this voiding the warranty correct? Or is there a setting maybe in the BIOS or windows to select a primary drive? Thank you guys!!😁😁
  • commender
    commender Member Posts: 2 New User
    1.  no you do not need to buy anything else except the drive though you may need to open the hdd bay to see if you have the cable and bracket before you go installing it.  if you need either one just contact acer either by phone number or through their chat service so they can mail you the bracket and cable.
    2. you'll have to open the hdd bay panel on the bottom of the laptop install the hdd bracket if you have one then connect the sata cable into the drive and screw it in. https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49882 here is a more detailed explanation from acer on how to install a secondary drive for the nitro 5

• illenic
    Awesome thank you!! :D is it true not all of them support dual hdd tho?