[Win10] G5-793 Dolby problem

SSX
SSX Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a problem with dolby after windows 10 creators update. It starts changing background applications volume when i play games / voicechat / enter mic section of audio settings. I tried to reinstall audio drivers from support page, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem, and there is no panel to tweak Dolby what so ever. The only solution is to disable Dolby completely in Speakers settings.
Thanks!

Answers

• jojus11
    jojus11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same issue.  I even contacted Acer tech support and they said its not something they can help me with so i duno what to do.  
  • It seems to be an issue with Dolby's software itself, and happens on other devices as well.

However, you could possibly try opening Dolby Audio, Personalize tab, and disable the Volume Leveler (which I believe is the Dolby technology that is the cause).

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • SSX
    It seems to be an issue with Dolby's software itself, and happens on other devices as well.

However, you could possibly try opening Dolby Audio, Personalize tab, and disable the Volume Leveler (which I believe is the Dolby technology that is the cause).

Skelo
    Nope. There are no such thing. Even realtek HD panel looks cheap.
  • SSX
    Well, it's actually Dolby Digital strange behavior. When i start game or start using mic, it's become disabled. That's why sound level go down. All over the internet is no solution, except disabling Dolby completely.
  • YgrecPeKa
    YgrecPeKa Member Posts: 95 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Same problem here, when I join discord, Dolby go to disable itself. I just can't use Dolby and it's really sad :(
  • jojus11
    jojus11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same issue and Acer support wants me to send it in for repair.  Any thought on if i should send it in guys?