What are Acer compatible detachable/tablets/notebooks for an Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset?

RedHenz
RedHenz Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I am interested in what Acer products are suitable for the Mixed Reality Headset.  Specifically the screen needs to be detachable from a keyboard.

Thank you in advance.

Rachel

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The Acer Switch 7 that was supposed to ship the first of the year has a NVIDIA GeForce MX150 running in concert with an i7. It might meet the low end of the spec, I see at least one laptop rated to support with the same graphics chipset.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• RedHenz
    If you could reference which models, that would be great.  Thank you
  • Pathfinder01
    Pathfinder01 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Rachel

You will need to compare the minimum developer requirements at  this Microsoft link to the products you are interested in. 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/before-you-start#_ga=2.90887900.711542638.1518388411-713782714.1512873324

Depending on your desired use the requirements are pretty current for graphics.

I do not believe you will find anything fully capable in tablet form.
  • RedHenz
    Rachel

You will need to compare the minimum developer requirements at  this Microsoft link to the products you are interested in. 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/before-you-start#_ga=2.90887900.711542638.1518388411-713782714.1512873324

Depending on your desired use the requirements are pretty current for graphics.

I do not believe you will find anything fully capable in tablet form.
    Thank you @Pathfinder01 That is a great start.  

I have developed VR peripheral hardware and am interested in knowing if Acer has existing VR capable system hardware (that runs the mixed reality head set with a tablet, or detachable screen device capable for VR use and of course, non-VR use), if there is not such a product then I would looking at and talking to Acer about developing new VR capable hardware.

Getting away from desktop and keyboards, for an ease of use.  Being able to connect a keyboard for non-VR is fine, but it is not needed for our combined VR purposes.

I did wonder what are the existing minimum spec Acer tablet/2'n'1 switch are compatible with running the headset ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The Acer Switch 7 that was supposed to ship the first of the year has a NVIDIA GeForce MX150 running in concert with an i7. It might meet the low end of the spec, I see at least one laptop rated to support with the same graphics chipset.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RedHenz
    billsey said:

Thank you @billsey