Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51G) new laptop startup is slow.

Sab64
Sab64 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

I bought a new laptop 3 days back. Everything seems fine with the laptop in terms of gaming and working. But the startup is really slow. The BIOS time it shows is 3.1 seconds but mostly the laptop gets stuck for 3 minutes or so with the green Acer sign while starting. It blinks twice and then there is a black screen for like 10 seconds and then it shows my lock screen. After I enter my pin, it takes probably 10 more seconds to open. What to do?

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Are you using an SSD or traditional HDD?

• Sab64
    Sab64 Member Posts: 3 New User

Traditional HDD that came in with the laptop. It gets stuck on that ACER sign for 5 minutes, blinks and then gets stuck for 2-3 minutes. 

• Omega_Flop
    Omega_Flop Member Posts: 1 New User
    yes. i have the same problem too. it takes almost 3 minutes to boot
  • slnacer
    slnacer Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    You need to provide more details like BIOS version, what OS setup/install it is etc(windows 10 pre-installed or some linux setup done later)..
    Too early to say anything but below pointers may be of some help...
    If it is single boot with pre-installed windows 10 OS that came with laptop then check whether BIOS/drivers are updated etc
    If it is some other linux OS setup/dual boot it is better to check boot order or linux setup from dmesg logs ..

• ravikhiriya
    ravikhiriya Member Posts: 1 New User
    Go to control panel>system and security>power option>choose what the power button do
    here you'll see a yellow and blue shield saying "change settings that are currently unavailable " click on that and select on "turn on fast startup" and save changes .

• Shash_what
    Shash_what Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same issue here too...fast startup is indeed an option but what about the traditional startup?..should it take such a long time accompanied with stuck black screens?.help needed
  • Shash_what
    Shash_what Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sab64 said:

I bought a new laptop 3 days back. Everything seems fine with the laptop in terms of gaming and working. But the startup is really slow. The BIOS time it shows is 3.1 seconds but mostly the laptop gets stuck for 3 minutes or so with the green Acer sign while starting. It blinks twice and then there is a black screen for like 10 seconds and then it shows my lock screen. After I enter my pin, it takes probably 10 more seconds to open. What to do?

Found any solution?
  • ois30jdh
    ois30jdh Member Posts: 2 New User
    i have a515-51g i5 8250u
    boot time is very slow i have updated bios updated all drive and fast boot is turned on in window but it still takes 1-1.5 minute to start
    at start is was almost 3 minute
  • ois30jdh
    ois30jdh Member Posts: 2 New User
    To turn on fast boot
    1. Search for and open “Power options” in the Start Menu.
    2. Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
    3. Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
    4. Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is enabled.

• Prasand
    Prasand Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought the same model laptop yesterday, is there any solution this issue because even with 'Turn on Fast Startup' enabled the issue not fixed.
  • Japa182440
    Japa182440 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Sab64 said:

Any solluction?
  • Japa182440

Tinkerer

Prasand said:
    I bought the same model laptop yesterday, is there any solution this issue because even with 'Turn on Fast Startup' enabled the issue not fixed.
    Any solluction?
  • I can not think of any better solution than installing a SSD, whether switching the current HDD to a 2.5" SATA drive or getting a M.2 SATA/NVMe SSD, migrate the OS to it and using the current HDD as an additional storage drive will improve the performance immensely.
  • Japa182440

Tinkerer

I can not think of any better solution than installing a SSD, whether switching the current HDD to a 2.5" SATA drive or getting a M.2 SATA/NVMe SSD, migrate the OS to it and using the current HDD as an additional storage drive will improve the performance immensely.
    I bought a ssd and the same does not accept NO hd that I put in it, it gives the error, I tried several pendrive and several hds
  • Japa182440

Tinkerer

Someone help me, those who are in the same situation as me, please help me.
  • Hi,
    Could you please tell us the model of the SSD you bought and how you are trying to install the OS on it.
  • Japa182440

Tinkerer

I installed a Seagate 2tb hard drive, another Hitachi 500gb hard drive that is original from the PS4 and also a 120gb SanDisk G27 SSD, and EVERYONE gives an error when giving the Clean command to Diskpart or sometimes passes this command and error in convert GPT command
  • Japa182440

Tinkerer

I already did the test of chkdsk and NO has problems, none, and another thing, it came with 1tb of HD, I formatted and after that formatted it gave error I went there and put the HD of the PS4 and I am using it now, HD of 500gb , but it does not accept any hd, the SSD was bought today ...
  • Hi,
    Could you please wait for someone else to help you.
  • Japa182440

Tinkerer

this error happens when I put a new HD on my a515-51g notebook, I've tried Seagate 2tb HD, I already tried Hitachi's 500GB HD and I've already tried 120GB SanDisk G27 SSD