acer nitro 5 keyboard backlight

illenic
illenic Member Posts: 64 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hey guys is there anyway to keep the keyboard back light on without it tuning off on its own when running on battery power? id prefer it to stay on without me having to strike a key. thanks!! :)

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

We apologize for all the confusion this has created, I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life).

Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed.

Note: This thread will be now closed and this marked as the official solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,

Acer-Manny

Answers

• gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

Search for windows mobility center if you can find keyboard settings there, you can adjust the backlight timeout otherwise you can't just as in my case.
    Hope that helped you.
  • gr_reaper_20
    gr_reaper_20 Member Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Dell has their own software which adds further options in windows mobility center such as keyboard backlight and as far as i know there is no such software or utility by acer.

Hope that helped you.
  • illenic
    Ok thanks man!! I’ll check it out when I get home!! :) 
  • illenic
    ok i checked it out and there is no such option, guess im gonna gave to deal with it like that then -_- thanks!!! :)

• mogulshredder
    mogulshredder Member Posts: 4 New User
    any solutions found yet?  I would really like to have my keyboard light on when plugged in, not using battery.  Otherwise need to fumble in the dark to turn on every 30 seconds, which is annoying
  • listedpoo
    listedpoo Member Posts: 3 New User
    ACER you really need to sort this out. please to an update so we can leave our key board lights on 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    @illenic  

The below listed are the default functionality of the keyboard backlight for Nitro laptop.

You can press FN+F9 to turn the keyboard backlight on and off.
    While using AC adapter power, the keyboard backlight default is ON 
    On Battery power, the keyboard backlight default is OFF.

The keyboard will always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke. The timer is fixed at 30 seconds.

The system will not remember the keyboard backlight settings after resuming from sleep or shutdown.
    The keyboard backlight settings will return to default after resuming from sleep or shutdown.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • awiklendt
    awiklendt Member Posts: 3 New User
    Sharanji said:
    @illenic  

The below listed are the default functionality of the keyboard backlight for Nitro laptop.

You can press FN+F9 to turn the keyboard backlight on and off.
    While using AC adapter power, the keyboard backlight default is ON 
    On Battery power, the keyboard backlight default is OFF.

The keyboard will always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke. The timer is fixed at 30 seconds.

The system will not remember the keyboard backlight settings after resuming from sleep or shutdown.
    The keyboard backlight settings will return to default after resuming from sleep or shutdown.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Thanks Sharanji. It's not that we don't know the default behaviours or limitations, what the actual acer users want is to be able to see their keyboard. This is something that needs fixing.... not that it's broken, but that it isn't functioning as desired. I understand there's a key we can press to turn on the backlight, but guess what ANY keypress will turn on the backlight.

Better still would be a simple checkbox in acer control that allows users to leave backloght on at all times.
  • leunam014
    leunam014 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i know the thread is bit old but its related issue.

I just bought my Acer Nitro 5 earlier but when I got home I noticed I can't turn on the keyboard light even I pressed Fn+F9. Any recommendations? What should I do? thanks in advance
  • BIGSWINGINGDONKEY
    BIGSWINGINGDONKEY Member Posts: 1 New User
    Again like last comment, old thread but ACER please fix this issue to add a variable timer. This is extremely annoying when trying to use the laptop at night. I love everything about this computer except this!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

We apologize for all the confusion this has created, I want to clarify that the intended behavior of the backlight on all Nitro's 5 and Acer models is to always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke, this is not a bug but a feature (is not new), and it is a power saver (it does save on battery life).

Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed.

Note: This thread will be now closed and this marked as the official solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.