Acer A3-A40 latest firmware

dzynio
dzynio Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

Can I ask Acer to upload latest firmware update (full rom) from October 25th? That updated killed my tablet and if I could download this latest firmware version I could run the update from sd card using the recovery. Unfortunately the latest firmware uploaded in support section for this tablet is from July 25th (July 21st actually when looked in update-script) and can't run this one because its older than one that killed my tablet :) . It would be really appreciated

Thanks,
David

Answers

• Pierrot
    Pierrot Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi David
    Try to download the zip from this ftp place with your favorite browser ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/Tablet/Android/A3-A40/
    i'm working in IT in France and for many cases ftp is used by repair services
    I saw in many post that tablets are back from repairs reloaded with this release
    Have the same issue as yours and this one is working
  • Carmanen
    Carmanen Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Btw, is the latest update for this tablet that had May 2017 security patch? My tablet haven't received any further updates after that... ...i guess the software support has ended for this tablet that isn't even 2 years old!?! :/ I also noticed that Acer has made a very similar tablet (specs wise&design) that has Nougat out of the box but that's really it. No other improvements over A3-A40 which is really cheap by Acer. Instead, they could have just updated A3-A40 to Nougat. But Acer will always be Windows focused company that really doesn't care much about Android (support wise, that is).
  • bagus
    bagus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can't believe Acer offer no support for my A3-A40, which is just 13 months old!
  • Nick_Kid
    Nick_Kid Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same here. At least an update to Android 7.0 Nougat. Samsung Tab A from 2015 a midrange Tablet got update to Android 7.1 since tablet came out with Android 5.Acer wants you to buy their new product that is why no Update to A3-A40
  • potroub
    potroub Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I found this silly post...

but no way on the page to initiate the discussed procedure in the thread
    someone else have found something new...

Other than to root our device ?

http://androidoreos.net/install-acer-iconia-tab-10-a3-a40-android-oreo-8-0-update/
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I think they just auto-generate those pages for each model of tablet, note they have no links for the ROM files. ;)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.