Aspire v5-571 Audio/Mic Conflict

Nambooty
Nambooty Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire v5-571 which only comes with one audio input so I'm guessing its a combo jack for mic/audio.

The problem is when I plug in my audio only earphones into the jack it turns off the internal microphone at times. Other times I'd fiddle with the jack by plugging the earphones in and out until it works where I can both hear through the earphones and speak in the internal mic. 

When I speak sometimes my friends tell me my microphone emits loud and obnoxious noises forcing me to not speak/mute myself. I have heard this myself as well through testing.

I'm assuming its a conflict within the combo jack that it expects to receieve both an audio/mic input from headphones instead of just audio input. I have also tried using mic/audio earphones but when I plug them in the mic from the headphones & internal mic will not function, I can only hear through them. 

I haven't modified the default audio drivers in anyway so far. I prefer to use the audio receive only earphones and internal mic, but it seems the problem is within the jack in my opinion. 

Will an audio splitter be effective if I just plug in regular earphones without a mic into it? If not is there a way to keep my internal microphone always activated? Also how can I suppress the obnoxious noises that come from my mic when I'm not even speaking? 

Any help is appreciated.

- Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v6.0.1.6690

- Dolby Advanced Audio v2 v7.2.8000.13

Best Answer

Answers