Lit lights problem (arround Predator Logo) !!!

intrellex
intrellex Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
I have the acer predator 15 g9 -593 for about a week
In the first 2 days everything was going ok,  but  after 2 days the back led's arround the predator logo stopped swiching on!
all keyboard lights turn on but the lit lights dont.
The notebook didn't fall or have any type of damage what so ever...
Could it be some problems with the drivers or windows? 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Do the led lights lit, while the laptop is booting? If not, it isn't a windows problem. You can try with updating the BIOS, which I doubt will work. You can download latest BIOS from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6964?b=1

Before executing the installation make sure battery is fully charged and laptop connected to charger. The device may restart several times, so don't turn it off.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• intrellex
    intrellex Member Posts: 4 New User
    No , they don't lit when i boot up ...
    How can it be a hardware problem if i never dropped or damaged the notebook? 
    This is very strange
    I already updated the BIOS and didn't work . :(
  • ven98
    edited December 2017
    You have to contact Acer. Because you haven't dropped it doesn't mean it isn't a hardware problem. Anything can happen.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Summley
    Summley Member Posts: 3 New User
    Have the same problem guys. So sad. Recently bought mine too. Hoping you have some insights regarding this matter. Thanks and good day!
  • ven98
    If the logo doesn't illuminate at all, you should contact Acer or your retailer. NOTE: If you have predator 15 or 17(g5-593,g5-793) with gtx1060, the logo and the stripes don't light up.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Summley
    Summley Member Posts: 3 New User
    Actually when i bought it, its working. But a couple of days of using, the lights suddenly does not turn on. Im wondering if the cause is altering some settings in the system, or a hardware malfunction? Because it hasnt been dropped or dealt certain pressure in its lid or whole body. Thanks again! Good Day!
  • Ceyki96
    Ceyki96 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same thing happened to me :(