keep headset screen on with laptop closed

ITSCARD0MAN
ITSCARD0MAN Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
hi i am trying to use my mr headset while i have the laptop closed so i can keep it in a mesh bag, whenever i close the screen the screen goes black on the laptop and on the headset, is there anyway to fix this ? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You should be able to configure it in Power Settings, find the part where it chooses what to do when the lid closes and set it to "keep running" instead of the current "sleep" or "hibernate".
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ITSCARD0MAN
    still turns off :-/
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Dang, that should have done it... Go to Control Panel (easiest is to search by clicking the Start button, then typing in 'Control Panel') and use Power Options from there. Go to the advanced settings and see if there's something there referencing the lid or perhaps magnetics.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ITSCARD0MAN
    yea i checked advanced settings and it all shows closing lid set to do nothing but yet it does something... kind of annoying 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    on some laptops, even if you set to do nothing on closing lid the external monitors power off, can be a "magnetic"sensor bypassing the setting or a sort of bug.

i can only suggest you to post this question on reddit WMR, most of the WMR users are there:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/
    I'm not an Acer employee.