Predator 15 framerate issues

ImranAswad
ImranAswad Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello so this week ive encountered a framerate problem with my Predator 15 laptop 

At first it ran DOOM with 60 fps then it slowly drops to 0. This all started this week where I started to use Adobe After Effects for one of my projects and Im starting to think its the cause of this.
Im very new to all of this and i just need to know how to stop it so please help me out. :anguished:

Best Answer

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Did you go to the sticky thread and look under FPS drops and try out any of those solutions? Here is it copied from the post.

These are solutions you can do to either: stop FPS drops, or improve FPS/Performance. Do one step and test until your FPS drops stop. 
    Post below which step fixed the FPS drops.
    1. Go to Settings > Gaming, and disable Game bar, Game DVR, and Game Mode.
    2. Update NVIDIA Drivers from nvidia.com, and Uninstall GeForce Experience.
    3. Update your BIOS to the latest version.
    4. Update the Intel Graphics adapters to latest by: right-clicking the start menu, opening Device Menu, expand Display Drivers, and right-click the Intel(R) HD and update drivers.
    5. Uninstall any 3rd-party screen recording/overlay software.
    6. Uninstall any 3rd-party anti-virus software (e.g. Norton, McAfee, etc.) or cleaning/monitoring software (e.g. CCleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.)
    *Note*
    Refer to the GPU Settings post for graphics settings options.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Answers

• Try looking here first, and see if any of these will help: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/537057/community.acer.com/en/discussion/535036/frequent-questions-and-answers-information-guide-update-it-on-1-10-2018

Also, is Adobe After Effects running in the background? Try closing it.

Skelo
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • ImranAswad

Tinkerer

@Skelomorph thanks for answering
    Adobe after effects was already closed at the time i was playing games. I even restarted my laptop to check if it would fix the framerate of the videogames but it didnt tho. Yet when i launch after effects it runs normally. The extreme framerate drop happens only when i play games.
    Also the link only lead to my own discussion.
  • ImranAswad

Tinkerer

update:
    ive deleted adobe after effects and restarted my laptop. The framerate still drops so i guess its not after effects
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Did you go to the sticky thread and look under FPS drops and try out any of those solutions? Here is it copied from the post.

These are solutions you can do to either: stop FPS drops, or improve FPS/Performance. Do one step and test until your FPS drops stop. 
    Post below which step fixed the FPS drops.
    1. Go to Settings > Gaming, and disable Game bar, Game DVR, and Game Mode.
    2. Update NVIDIA Drivers from nvidia.com, and Uninstall GeForce Experience.
    3. Update your BIOS to the latest version.
    4. Update the Intel Graphics adapters to latest by: right-clicking the start menu, opening Device Menu, expand Display Drivers, and right-click the Intel(R) HD and update drivers.
    5. Uninstall any 3rd-party screen recording/overlay software.
    6. Uninstall any 3rd-party anti-virus software (e.g. Norton, McAfee, etc.) or cleaning/monitoring software (e.g. CCleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.)
    *Note*
    Refer to the GPU Settings post for graphics settings options.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss
  • ImranAswad

Tinkerer

@Skelomorph
    Disabling the game bar worked hahahah. Didnt realize i turned it on. Thanks you so much  :3:3:3