ACER ASPIRE 5 A515-51G-53MR Wifi network issue

Towhid
Towhid Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop is having connectivity issues with my Wifi.
 Everyone's phones stays connected just fine & even the other laptops.
 However, my laptop wants to be difficult.
It doesn't necessarily "disconnect" (atleast I don't think, because the connection symbol remains the same i.e. keeps showing full bars), but my web pages sometimes take very long to load, if at all.
A lot of times I'll be left with "this page could not be loaded," "could not connect to internet," or something similar while just literally 2 seconds ago everything was fine.
So it's sporadic. Sometimes I'll be okay for a few hours.
 Sometimes it's back to back issues.
So what do I do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,459 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Check for any red or yellow warning symbols. If none, click on network adapters and find out which wireless adapter you have, either Intel or Qualcomm Atheros. Then go to this link and download and install the latest wireless driver.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7244?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Towhid
    Towhid Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Check for any red or yellow warning symbols. If none, click on network adapters and find out which wireless adapter you have, either Intel or Qualcomm Atheros. Then go to this link and download and install the latest wireless driver.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7244?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Hey, I actually updated the network driver. So it has the latest version of it.
    Thank you
  • JackE
    If it still happens, you might try uninstalling the driver from Device Mgr, then cold re-boot and let Windows auto re-detect the card and install what it wants. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ABHISHEK125
    ABHISHEK125 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have acer aspire 5 which has major issue like regarding to his wifi speed on my wifi i goes Max upto 17-20 speed downloding rate while I checked from ookla and on same network my another laptop gives 55-60 mbps of speed so could you please help me get rid out off this problem
  • JackE
    ABHISHEK125Open Device Manager. Click 'Network adapters' folder. Right click wireless adapter. Click 'properties'. Click 'advanced' tab. Click 'preferred band' Try setting to 2.4 or 5 MHz  whichever gives best performance. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ