Can Predator Helios 300 run games like Overwatch, ArmA 3, and other intense titles with ease?

Acanthophis
Acanthophis Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Because I bought one back in November, and whenever I run certain games like these, the laptop becomes pretty hot and the fan becomes loud, so I usually stop playing after 30 minutes.  Hot keyboards are not fun.  This laptop was recommended to me by a bunch of people.

Answers

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited January 2018
    Any gaming laptop you buy is going to run hot. Gaming requires power, and more power means more heat that is generated.

What temperatures are you getting from Predator Sense? You can refer to the sticky post I made about what can be done to reduce your temperatures.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Acanthophis
    Acanthophis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Right now I'm playing Human Fall Flat, and the CPU temperature is 80 - 85, the GPU is 60...  The fan seems very loud when I play a game like Overwatch, it just doesn't feel right.
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited January 2018
    80-85C is completely normal temperatures for a laptop. The fans spin faster as temperatures increase and can become quite loud. You can control fan speed through Predator Sense but I do not advise disabling them or turning them down really low. Do you have CoolBoost enabled in Predator Sense? You can disable it to try and make the fans a little quieter, but temperatures will slightly increase resulting in a warmer keyboard.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss