ACER ASPIRE E15 E5-575G IS TOO SLOW

yathiraj_u
yathiraj_u Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Recently i purchased ACER ASPIRE E15 E5-575G start up time, restart time, application opening time everything is too slow. After the Acer service also laptop is slow. I have not installed any personal software except VLC player. For start up it will take 4 to 5MIN. After ACER LOGO black screen will come and remain for 1min. Acer Service person is telling that model itself is slow after resetting the OS. They are suggesting to UPGRADE HDD TO SSD. IS any guys facing same issues? Will ACER refund ON issues like this? or i will register a case in consumer court? need some suggestions

Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, upgrading to SSD will definitely speed up the laptop, however, have you got any trial version of AV program installed( Norton, McAfee....etc)?
    If so, please uninstall it and see whether it improves the performance.
  • yathiraj_u
    brummyfan2 said:  hello...no AV installed except windows defender..I have a major doubt The Acer laptop is slow which is having good system configuration like 8gb ram, Intel core i5 7 generation, 1tb HDD, 2gb graphic, turbo booster processor or windows 10 operating system itself slow ?
    Hi,
    Yes, upgrading to SSD will definitely speed up the laptop, however, have you got any trial version of AV program installed( Norton, McAfee....etc)?
    If so, please uninstall it and see whether it improves the performance.

• Hi,
    Try switching to High Performance Power plan, if it's in Balanced Plan, you could also check whether you have Fast start-up enabled.
    Right click the battery icon in taskbar, click "Choose what the power buttons do", click "Change settings that are currently unavailable  and check "Fast start-up.

• yathiraj_u
    i tried everything discussed on internet but its still slow

• slnacer
    slnacer Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Similar issue being discussed here as well : https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/531557/acer-aspire-5-a515-51g-new-laptop-startup-is-slow#latest
    Not sure if it is same as what "brummyfan2" posted above but worth checking in that thread esp for startup issue if the other customer's problem vanished after altering startup windows options.

• yathiraj_u
    Hi,
    Run out of ideas, sorry :'(
    I have given again for service centre to check with hardware issue..let's see what will happen
  • georgiams
    georgiams Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this same problem and my laptop came with a SSD. 
  • andyory
    andyory Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2018
    Hello! First thing first - installed HDD is slow,noisy and cheap as f.....k WD Blue Series 500Gb*5400RPM*
    For me also was an unexpected gift that brand new,out-of-abox laptop with i5 and 8Gb doin' things same slow as my previous Aspire 5536G from 2009
    So I took my old WD Scorpio Blue 160Gb from previous laptop and guess what - 575G become way more faster! Also recommended to update your firmware version to most recent. BtW, x86 version of Win10 runs much quicker than x64 on WD Blue

• storestyggeulv
    storestyggeulv Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I have the same model with 8 GB RAM a 256 GB SSD and a 512 GB SSD running Debian Linux, and I am very happy about the speed. Boot is very fast and generally speaking very good performance.  I suspect it is a serious case of winbloat if the notebook does not have other problems.

• kau123
    kau123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @yathiraj_u I'm facing the same issue, did u get it resolved bro?!
  • Japa182440
    Japa182440 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Any solution?
  • Japa182440
    Japa182440 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

This error
  • Sandy94
    Sandy94 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem.
  • mrkyboi
    mrkyboi Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issues with my stupid Acer E 15 E5-575G-5622, and is slow as a the arrival of apocalypse.Considering that it is Intel Core 15 with Turbo boost of 3.1 GHz, 8GB DDR4 mem.

any solution with this instead of setting it on fire?
  • Angeo981
    Angeo981 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had similar problem, I even tried to sell it. But I saw a good offer on ssd and gave it a try and the result was amazing. Now the laptop have it's full potential. I also have installed AVG TuneUp and have stopped all background unnecessary active programs. I also have stopped the indexing. Now loads very fast and the wake up time from hibernation is really good, I can't recognize it now, like it is not mine laptop. Now, I don't sell it anymore ;-) , but planning to buy 16gb Ram and make it 24GB total. 
  • gblake
    gblake Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought this laptop for my son and its current claim to fame is that it is the world's slowest computer to the point where it is unusable. I wouldn't bother installing an SSD in this machine as it is the walking dead in terms of technology so it's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. I feel like the money I spent was just thrown away. There is NOTHING installed on this thing other than the default stuff provided by Acer and it takes about 3 minutes to boot. Terrible piece of *****.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    Recently i purchased ACER ASPIRE E15 E5-575G start up time, restart time, application opening time everything is too slow. After the Acer service also laptop is slow. I have not installed any personal software except VLC player. For start up it will take 4 to 5MIN. After ACER LOGO black screen will come and remain for 1min. Acer Service person is telling that model itself is slow after resetting the OS. They are suggesting to UPGRADE HDD TO SSD. IS any guys facing same issues? Will ACER refund ON issues like this? or i will register a case in consumer court? need some suggestions

Firstly, what is the exact spes of your “Acer Aspire E5-575G” as there are allot of different models and some do come with 3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD and come with OEM DDR4-2400 SODIMM ram. The Acer Aspire E5-575G can take a max capacity ram of 32GB and has 2x slots (2 banks of 1) for ram and comes OEM with 8GB ram removable, which is more than adequate for running Win-10.

There are allot of variables why computers run slowly but and one of the main culprits are a spinner hdd and low ram, which has to be upgraded to an ssd and to increase the ram to its max capacity, as you can’t upgrade the cpu on the Acer Aspire E5-575G, as the cpu is soldered to the mainboard.

You can’t go wrong with doing these upgrades as it will speed up your system by at least 100%. I’ve done this to many laptops that are 10 years old or newer and their speed all improved by at least 100%, in some cases upgrading the cpu (if the cpu is removable and upgradable?) this improves the system even further but, in the case of the Acer Aspire E5-575G you can’t do that and an ssd and more ram will improve this laptop considerably! Also, do a clean install to the latest Win-10 to its latest version 2004 - OS build 19041.388 and update the graphics and all Intel drivers (go to Intel® Driver & Support Assistant here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html) and download all the relevant e.g. chipset and Intel graphics drivers and start fresh as you won’t go wrong as the Acer Aspire E5-575G will work perfectly.