Storage and app issues with Liquid Zest Plus

pete0
pete0 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I recently purchased a Liquid Zest Plus from Costco, and have noticed issues with SD storage with certain apps. Twitter will ask me to login anytime I reboot the phone, Map.me uninstalls itself, Google+, Docs & Sheets will open logged in but reset settings. Other apps change storage from SD to internal, then show the app not being on either internal or SD.

I've had this Lexar SD with a Moto G prior to this phone, and never had these issues, I tried a Sony SD card and experiencing the same issues on the Liquid Zest Plus.

The image below shows what many apps are doing. Docs shows what is happening to the apps, Google+ shows what it should look like. What should I do? This has become very irritating :(

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    that happens when the system loose sync with the microSD, reboot can trigger this if the microSD will not be read quickly (not a microSD speed issue).
    if you already check about system updates (settings/about phone - system updates), there nothing you can do to solve this issue.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • pete0

Tinkerer

IronFly said:
    that happens when the system loose sync with the microSD, reboot can trigger this if the microSD will not be read quickly (not a microSD speed issue).
    if you already check about system updates (settings/about phone - system updates), there nothing you can do to solve this issue.
    I purchased the same phone for my mom, and thought hers was working fine, but apparently a couple times she's had issues with a couple apps as well. It's past the return date, so at this point what can I do? Should I try to get it serviced, or is there just no point? Could it be an SD connector issue that maybe get can be replaced?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Mine has the same issue, never serviced; so i don't know if it can be fixed.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • the_emporium
    the_emporium Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter
    My daughter's Zest Plus phone had a similar issue.  However I replaced the SD card with a different brand and she hasn't had that issue since then (over 7 months).  The old SD card however seems to work fine in a different phone.
  • pete0

Tinkerer

My daughter's Zest Plus phone had a similar issue.  However I replaced the SD card with a different brand and she hasn't had that issue since then (over 7 months).  The old SD card however seems to work fine in a different phone.
    What brand SD card is it? I'm using a Lexar, was thinking of trying a Sandisk, but if you have a brand that it works well on I'll give it a try. Was thinking of getting other brands, but not in the mood if they all do the same thing.
  • Riplin
    Riplin Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

sandisk 64gb works fine in mine.
  • pete0

Tinkerer

Riplin said:
    sandisk 64gb works fine in mine.
    64gb really?! The Zest Plus says 32gb max.
  • Riplin

Tinkerer

nah 64 works fine
  • pete0

Tinkerer

Well, I got a SanDisk card, and the issue persists; it's definitely a phone issue, not memory card issue. Guess I won't be buying another Acer product in the future.
  • Riplin

Tinkerer

Did it recognize teh 64gb though?
  • pete0

Tinkerer

Riplin said:
    Did it recognize teh 64gb though?
    Almost a year later, finally got a 64gb card lol Card works in both my Liquid Zest Plus, and an old Moto G2 (very cool). Both phones I moved an app to the sd card, restarted, and the Acer removed the app, but the Moto G didn't. I got a system update last month, hoping it may have been fixed, but it wasn't. Gonna be looking into Moto G as my next phone as it seems less buggy than Acer.

Thanks for the reply guys, appreciate the help.