Key differences between the base model G3-571-77QK and the 300$ older brother G3-572-72YF?

alphaman
alphaman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I did some reasearch and found out that the upper version gets the original Metal AeroBlade fan over the plastic ones, and we also get a 1TB HDD with 72YF.
What else ?
What else makes it cost 300$ extra?
I'm not quite sure about this but I read it on some post online that the base version doesn't allow overclocking the gpu.
Is it true>?

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You have the right information. G3-572 has metal fans and supports gpu overclocking, unlike G3-571.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You have the right information. G3-572 has metal fans and supports gpu overclocking, unlike G3-571.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• alphaman
    alphaman Member Posts: 2 New User
    So I followed this post (acer-predator-helios-300-g3-571-overclocking), what's the verdict?
    Should I prefer the base model and hope that I figure out some way to overclock it?
    This would be my first gaming laptop,
    The laptop I own supports overclocking with the AMD overdrive set.
    Or suggest me another laptop in this range.
    If I'm paying the extra 300 bucks, should I go with

Eluktronics P650HP6 ?

• adamo000
    adamo000 Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Maybe try Lenovo Legion y720-15. I don't think that overclocking method for Helios G3-571 will be discovered.  You have to edit bios but it will probably make G3-571 very expensive brick.