How to remove monitor stand from KG270?

Fairfax77
Fairfax77 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
The stand has no screws, it just fits and locks into a holder. How can I remove the stand? I tried pulling it, and squeezing the sides, but neither works.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
     Hi  Fairfax,

Carefully place the monitor face-down on a stable surface -- Note: Take care when performing the un-installation of the base. Ensure that the base is unlocked from the monitor stand arm. You may check underneath for a screw that a coin would fit into, it is possible you need to loosen that piece. Unlock the screw to disassemble the hinge assay.  

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Fairfax77
    Fairfax77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks. But I am trying to remove the vertical piece that slides into the back of the monitor, connecting the monitor to the flat base. I was able to unscrew the stand with no problem.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Gently pull it out in the outward direction as shown in the image.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Mfaris
    Mfaris Member Posts: 1 New User
    I ve the same problem l. I ve followed your instruction but I cant still pull the vertical standout because looks like there is a clip or something. Can you please give detail instructions? Thank you.  
  • DogownerX2
    DogownerX2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello all,
    I realize this post is kind of old, but I finally solved this issue after shipping my monitor with the base on!  I have not seen any other answers for this particular monitor, so I hope this helps:
    1. Remove base as described above.
    2.  Once base is off, look into tower piece - there is a metal weight, and three deeply set philips head screws.  Remove those screws - you may need an extra long philips head screwdriver.  Tower piece will come off, leaving a small hinge piece.
    3.  Using two flathead screwdrivers - push down the plastic tab in the middle with one screwdriver, and with the other, wedge between the plate and the monitor to get it to move off the plastic tab.  Mounting piece will come off.

I hope this helps!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Thanks, that probably will help the next user who wants to take the stand off. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.