Help needed with Android 6 interface

rossross
rossross Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
I'm new to Android cell phones and need help with restoring two shortcuts on the home screen. One is Google voice search which disappeared all of a sudden without remembering doing anything about it. The other is the Google icon which opens a box with Google apps. I deleted it accidentally by dropping it on Remove while trying to put it on different place.
I tried looking in the apps, widget, and other places but can't find anything that can replace those.

I will greatly appreciate your help and suggestions.

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
     Long press--->Add Widget/App for Voice Search
    or
    Settings--->Language & Input--->Voice Typing or Search

To restore the Google icon with Google apps, either you can create the folder yourself and add all the contents or just go to Settings>Apps>All>and then here there might be touchwiz or launcher. Tap it and clear it's data. And now you will get your stock homescreens back.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • elanovx
    elanovx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    No problem if you are new to phones, you are certainly at the right place...from the widgets tray select the one you want to add and long press on it it will be drag and added to your desired path, plus if you are playing on pc keep the is bluestacks safe issue in mind while connecting your android

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓
     Long press--->Add Widget/App for Voice Search
    or
    Settings--->Language & Input--->Voice Typing or Search

To restore the Google icon with Google apps, either you can create the folder yourself and add all the contents or just go to Settings>Apps>All>and then here there might be touchwiz or launcher. Tap it and clear it's data. And now you will get your stock homescreens back.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • elanovx
    elanovx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    No problem if you are new to phones, you are certainly at the right place...from the widgets tray select the one you want to add and long press on it it will be drag and added to your desired path, plus if you are playing on pc keep the is bluestacks safe issue in mind while connecting your android