Acer Iconia Tab 8 A1-850 "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" continuously

alphamike45
alphamike45 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My tablet has suddenly started throwing this error message. If the play store and play services app update then I get cascading errors: gboard, play services, play store, google+ all crash. I've rolled back the play store updates and that stops the cascading popups but I can't access youtube or a couple of other apps (network error).  I've done a couple of hard resets but the same thing happens when the play store updates.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    probably an incompatible release by Google, wait a few days and check if a new google Play update fix the issue.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Toddy0721
    Toddy0721 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have that tablet as well and the same thing happened to me....a few days before christmas I started getting that same continuous pop up message(google play store has stopped). And also this tablet is trash; it never updates. 
  • A10
    A10 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Same thing with me..since early Dec. 
    "GooglePlayStore has stopped working"..10-20 times on startup.
    I tried dumping cache, updates, and letting it RENEW updates in GOOGLEPLAYSTORE(GPS). Also " Force stop" uninstsll" and every other combination in the apps/ GPS app "menu" until now, I have no more listing for the GPS APP..its totally gone but the good thing is, I'm not getting any of these "GPS has stopped" msgs.  Thats a GOOD THING BUT, since its totally gone from my APPS, GPS that is, I'm not getting ANY new updates..zero.  I suppose over time that will cause problems, not updating anything but for now, the LACK of GPS and its constant updating of GOOGLE APP BLOATWARE seems to have my A1-850 working fine. COMMENTS? FIXES?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited January 2018
    i suggest you to use the google support links suggested by Sonya on this post:
    https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/play/l2Jzor_a614/13cMb2_DAQAJ
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • alphamike45
    alphamike45 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I did contact Google support. They had me delete and reenter the Google account and roll back the updates to GPS. This works until GPS updates itself and then I have to roll the updates back again. Yesterday I had to roll the updates back for Chrome to get it to work. This is really annoying.
  • ysg26
    ysg26 Member Posts: 6 New User
    I have the same problem with  GPS and also Google which crashes the microphone every time. If I uninstall to factory default all is well until they update again.  I think the updates are updating the arm versions instead of the x86 versions by looking at the version numbers under Apps
  • tornasuk
    tornasuk Member Posts: 1 New User
    same problem here, did wipe data / cache, factory reset...
    Every time Google Play Store and/or Services updates, multiple "X has stopped" annoying pop-ups appear.
    Any official solution for this?
    A1-850 is not obsolete...
  • ysg26
    I have the same device and the exact same issue ! I spoke with Google Play Store tech support a few days ago. After making me go through all the same routines, she said that probably Google pushed an update that's incompatible with our older device. She would elevate the issue to a higher level and call me back the next next. Of course the call back never happened. 
  • shuster7
    shuster7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem with my daughter's tablet.  Tried all of the above with no luck.
  • Tank
    Tank Member Posts: 1 New User
    Some have stated the latest update from Google has broke the Google Services. I tested by wiping my tablet and not connecting to wifi. The tablet works fine and no prompting for any Google Play stopping. Maybe someone has a hint on how to revert Google services to an older version for you?

It sucks that Google caused the failure. Who knows "when" they will fix it. Especially since it only seems to affect our tablets. If it affected more tablet brands Google would certainly be fixing it quick. :-(
  • StevenK
    StevenK Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Iconia 10 (Android 6) had no problems with Play Store until yesterday's Acer "system update." Now every app from there causes "Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped." They still work but I can't receive updates and if I try to purchase items in a game, it crashes the game. I tried the usual remedies people mentioned above, but it's still broken, and I don't think it's Google's  fault this time. C'mon Acer; let's get a fix!
  • ysg26
    It's fixed ! Let Play Store update along with everything else
  • natedawg99
    natedawg99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    I had the same problem as everyone else here.  Here's how I fixed it:

1. Factory reset the tablet by powering it off, and powering it back while the "volume up" button was held down.  This will take you to a secret operating system menu, allowing you to do a hard reset of the tablet the old fashioned way. 
    2. Once the tablet came back on, went to the Google Play app, then Settings, then Version (in order to trigger an update to Google Play).
    3. Visited the APK Mirror website to download an older version of Google Play Services (not to be confused with Google Play, from step #2).  The version of Google Play Services that HAD been installed on my tablet prior to the reset was the "030-" variety (arm architecture), but the one that the tablet needs is the "070-" variety (x86 architecture).  So at a minimum, this build works:  11.0.56 (070-156935310)  May 25, 2017  x86  Android 4.0+  nodpi   (Thanks to ysg26 for the insight on this one!) 

• natedawg99
    natedawg99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Following up: Google Play Services 11.9.75 (build 070-182402865) also works!  This problem was definitely caused by a botched auto-update of a 030- version rather than the proper 070- version.
  • Thanatosscream
    Thanatosscream Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2018
    Thank you so much for this solution! I had tried everything and I was at my wits end with my tablet. I was about ready to just buy a new one! I told myself I would try one more time. I found this solution and it worked!

• Vengeance_117
    Vengeance_117 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the regular Acer A1-840( Iconia tab 8) and all of my apps keep crashing although I have all the requirements for the apps. Even more than is required I really want to fix this problem please help me.
  • davidalaba
    davidalaba Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, This is a very common error. I think you should try one of these methods to solve this issue of Google Play Service stopping.

Rebooting Android to fix the error
    Updating the Google Play services app
    Clear the Google Play services app cache
    Disable Google Play services
    Uninstall and reinstall Google Play services updates
    Wipe device cache
    Using Play Services Fix Info app
    I am sure one of these fixes will solve your problem.