Removing the battery from my Aspire 5 A515-51G-727L

Moepigs
Moepigs Member Posts: 3 New User
I recently purchased the A515-51G-727L and would like to know if it's even possible to remove the battery.

Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, you need to remove the back cover but I have no idea whether it will void warranty, you need to contact the Acer Support in your region to find out about the warranty, normally you don't need to remove the battery, so what's the reason behind thinking about the removal of the battery.
  • Moepigs
    Hi,
    Yes, you need to remove the back cover but I have no idea whether it will void warranty, you need to contact the Acer Support in your region to find out about the warranty, normally you don't need to remove the battery, so what's the reason behind thinking about the removal of the battery.
    Battery life while gaming is not the best, so I wanted to remove the battery and simply plug in the charger but I guess I can't.
  • Moepigs said:
    Hi,
    Battery life while gaming is not the best, so I wanted to remove the battery and simply plug in the charger but I guess I can't.

Hi,
    No, you don't need to remove the battery while connected with AC adapter, once the battery is fully charged, it will stop charging the battery and you can continue to use with Power adapter connected.
  • Moepigs
    Moepigs said:
    brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    No, you don't need to remove the battery while connected with AC adapter, once the battery is fully charged, it will stop charging the battery and you can continue to use with Power adapter connected.
    But won't it affect the battery in a negative way?
  • Hi,
    No, it will not damage your battery.
  • JannsonF
    JannsonF Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    Sorry mate but that's not true at all, while having the battery plugged in will cause no harm if you're gaming the fact that you laptop will be going up to around 75 degrees celcius (167 fahrenheit) will damage the battery and cause it's charge to decrease a lot faster than normal. anything over about 40 degrees celcius (104 fahrenheit) for a prolonged period will cause damage to the battery. I have an aspire 5 and the battery has gone from roughly 8 hrs of charge to about 5 hrs or less of charge in just under 4 months which I've found heat from gaming to be the prime suspect for this drop
  • Aymane
    Aymane Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

JannsonF said:
    Hi,
    Sorry mate but that's not true at all, while having the battery plugged in will cause no harm if you're gaming the fact that you laptop will be going up to around 75 degrees celcius (167 fahrenheit) will damage the battery and cause it's charge to decrease a lot faster than normal. anything over about 40 degrees celcius (104 fahrenheit) for a prolonged period will cause damage to the battery. I have an aspire 5 and the battery has gone from roughly 8 hrs of charge to about 5 hrs or less of charge in just under 4 months which I've found heat from gaming to be the prime suspect for this drop
    The battery is located far from the cpu and gpu. I don't think that gaming is the main cause of your battery issue.
  • itsgov00
    itsgov00 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello , is it good to use laptop while plugged in