FPS Drops on the HELIOS 300

Avel18
Avel18 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought the laptop around 2 weeks ago, and it was perfectly fine. It still is, however, during sessions where I play one game for more than an hour, fps significantly drops. E.G. Overwatch 120 FPS to 30 - 60 FPS, and Fortnite from 50 - 80 fps to 30 - 50. My temperatures aren't the issue as they stay between 70 and 80 degrees when gaming and my laptop doesn't thermal throttle at all. 
SPECS:
i7 7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz
16 GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

Answers

• Try disabling Windows Game mode by going to

Start Menu > Settings Gear > Gaming > Game Mode

You may need to be inside the game to disable it.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Avel18
    It says that it supports game mode but it doesn't actually have the option to disable it. Only Game Bar, which is a separate section.
  • vedhsuthar
    vedhsuthar Member Posts: 46 Devotee WiFi Icon
    How did you installed fortnite? It gives error for me ! Just bought 2 weeks ago, nothing tweaked
    ⊂((・▽・))⊃
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Disable game bar. Make sure your Nvidia and intel drivers are up to date. I suggest you to install the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia's driver page.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Avel18
    ven98 said:
    Disable game bar. Make sure your Nvidia and intel drivers are up to date. I suggest you to install the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia's driver page.
    It helped reduce it, but it doesn't actually stop it from happening. Its alright now though.
  • Avel18
    How did you installed fortnite? It gives error for me ! Just bought 2 weeks ago, nothing tweaked
    I just went on to their website and installed the launcher.
    When it's done downloading, just make an account and then install Fortnite. I can't link it since it doesn't allow me to but just search up "Epic Games Launcher" and it'll come up to download.