Iconia One 7 B1-780 notification bar glitch

micsim35
micsim35 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Seems the best way to describe it. There's a copy of top of the notification area 2-3 pixels high at the bottom of the screen when the tablet hasn't been shut down for a while. After powering off and on again it is okay. This is a mild annoyance though as it shouldn't happen. I've tried using different launchers for the home screen but they all do it eventually. Also after a factory reset it will come back eventually. The screen and tablet generally works fine otherwise. I think it's a ROM issue rather than hardware. Any ideas? See the photo linked to below rather than screenshot because the screenshot looks normal. So the issue is what at GPU driver level if anywhere.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LH5FDpFXvIBPOgX77wFZZRHqrsKKrz8u/view?usp=drivesdk

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    can be both a ROM issue and hardware issue, if you are under warranty, i would contact Acer support service.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    can be both a ROM issue and hardware issue, if you are under warranty, i would contact Acer support service.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • micsim35
    Ok thanks for the fast answer, I'll definitely consider contacting them. The device is under warranty still
  • micsim35
    Update - I've left this for the last few weeks and not used the EZ memory clear function or any other snake oil memory management tool. Also, in between Chrome has been updated. So either way between these two factors it seems to be gone. The glitch hasn't manifested once regardless of any apps used
  • zazzz
    zazzz Member Posts: 3 New User
    "we couldnt complete the updates undoing changes dont turn off your computer".. this is what i get for the last two years on my acer.. any one know about what to do to fix this?
  • micsim35
    edited December 2017
    @zazzz - not sure what your problem is but it's nothing whatsoever to do with this thread. If you have an issue with an Acer PC please post in the appropriate section and not go off topic in Android Tablet threads
  • micsim35
    BTW if you have not already done so download and run the Windows Update troubleshooting wizard from the Microsoft website. If that fails repair your broken windows installation