E5-476G slow boot up / start up

Daviedz
Daviedz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, i just bought 3days ago an Aspire E14 E5 - 476G and it will always take around 50s to 1.5 mins for my laptop to boot up. Already update all drivers and windows to latest creators update, but still the same.
I notice when booting up the Acer logo will appear twice then blank screen before it will go to the lockscreen.
Please help what will i do.. it's really frustrating..

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,434 Trailblazer
    Return the machine to the vendor for an exchange or refund. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Daviedz
    Daviedz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Dies it mean hardware problem? Because after boot up, everything is fine.
  • JackE

Not necessarily. Boot time can be significantly reduced by changing power options. Google "windows 10" "fast startup" "enable" with the quotes for ways of doing this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gaon97
    gaon97 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Hi. I experienced something similar, in my case it took more than 4 minutes to properly boot into Windows. Without fast start up would be 6minutes. Once booted it would run fine with some unresponsiveness at times. 
    What I did was create a Windows 10 bootable USB, remove ALL the partitions (there is quite a few, not sure what Acer is trying to do) then let the Windows installation take care of repartitioning(there will be partitions, created as needed for UEFI) now my laptop boots in half a minute and more responsive.
  • gaon97
    I do not think it is a hardware problem...it could be, but before send it to Acer you could try the method I used and see if it helps.. hope it works for you
  • JackE
    Thanks for the comments @gaon97 .  But be careful with removing partitions. One of them is the hidden ACER recovery partition which allows re-setting the machine to a factory-fresh state if the machine has problems like this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• gaon97
    I also removed the recovery partition....I will rely on my personal backup. Generally, the format helped the performance big time