About OC the GPU

RichardGL
RichardGL Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
i wanna ask about overclocking the gpu with PredatorSense , i dont use msi afterburner i use the predatorsense and having on Normal gpu seems good the temperature and usage is really good but i want to go higher but how will affect the laptop ( gaming performance fps increase ? Temperature and usage ? )

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The reason why the GPU temperature is the same even if the load is different, because the fan speed is set to auto. These temperatures aren't bad and the GPU is running cool enough, so you can use the overclocked profile.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    What is your laptop's model?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• RichardGL
    ven98 said:
    What is your laptop's model?
    Acer predator helios 300 PH317-51 
    Well when i play a game i run Predatorsense having my gpuclock to Normal and game js good i see there is a little difference in performance but i am really afraid to OC even more..
  • ven98
    The OC mode on Predator Sense will increase the performance by 5-10%, which isn't much and overclocking won't harm your GPU. If it is too much the GPU will throttle the frequency to keep the temperature under certain level.

What is the max temperature of the GPU while gaming?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• RichardGL
    ven98 said:
    The OC mode on Predator Sense will increase the performance by 5-10%, which isn't much and overclocking won't harm your GPU. If it is too much the GPU will throttle the frequency to keep the temperature under certain level.

What is the max temperature of the GPU while gaming?
    an example : on Skyrim ULTRA settings i get CPU -60-75'C up to 30% usage , GPU - temp is 50-60' C usage is 60-85% ( i tried HIGH settings and the usage of GPU is at around 40-50% usage but Temperature is the SAME WTH -_- )

i really don't know much about OC but maybe i can go to from normal to FASTER ?
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    The reason why the GPU temperature is the same even if the load is different, because the fan speed is set to auto. These temperatures aren't bad and the GPU is running cool enough, so you can use the overclocked profile.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system