Problem installing Acer Predator Sense

enixxx
enixxx Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, 
My model is Predator G3-571

Recently the i've changed the SSD to 128 GB, and adding 1 TB SSHD to my system,
After that, i do a clean install on win 10, then reinstall all the driver from acer support

1. Why is my model Stated as "Aspire GX 785" when i looked at windows system?
2. I cannot install Predator Sense (ver 3005) and it says "Operating system not supported"

__
The clean install provide me with win 10 Home Single Language

Can i download the predator sense from some other places?
Or should i update some driver to correct the model?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited December 2017
    The problem here is that you have installed a generic copy of windows 10. The OS that your laptop comes with is a customised version of windows 10, edited by Acer. The custom windows has some kind of a plug in that tells predator sense that your device is g3-571. Without this plugin/custom windows 10, PredatorSense can't recognise your device as g3-571.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• enixxx
    enixxx Member Posts: 2 New User
    ven98 said:
    The problem here is that you have installed a generic copy of windows 10. The OS that your laptop comes with is a customised version of windows 10, edited by Acer. The custom windows has some kind of a plug in that tells predator sense that your device is g3-571. Without this plugin/custom windows 10, PredatorSense can't recognise your device as g3-571.
    Can i download the edited windows from Acer?

my SSD broke down and become completely unusable. so i have to use a blank SSD to install everything
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You have to contact Acer about that matter.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• rafaeltorres_99
    rafaeltorres_99 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    hello! i have the same problem! i cant install the predator sense on a helios 300 g3-571. any solution? please help. i tried everything. 

• TheTrueMalkavian
    TheTrueMalkavian Member Posts: 4 New User
    Yup Same problem here. . . anyone find a solution?
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018
    said:
    Yup Same problem here. . . anyone find a solution?

Some members have posted that the W10 implementation by Acer is specific to the hardware, and hence the importance of creating a restore image.  If you don't have the image your options are limited to speaking with Acer or another user with the same model sharing a the restore image.  Personally I'd be inclined to visit a local shop with the exact same model Flash Drive in hand and ask for a little help...

Q-6