Aspire 7 (A715-71G-79Z1) model SSD-M.2-Nvme support?

hosseinskandari
hosseinskandari Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys.
I have the above model of Acer laptop. This link comes up on acer website when I enter my S/N and it shows the configuration correctly.
I want to check if this model support any kind of M.2 or normal port devices including SATA3 or Nvme types. I checked this thread about a similar model but I have doubts about my situation.
This is the HWINFO screenshot. I think the device  has no free PCIE 2x or 4x to use for SSD.
Also I don't understand the number of sata ports. This model has no optical drive. When I enter BIOS, it shows SATA0 and SATA1. SATA0 is free and SATA1 is connected to the hard drive.
Thanks for your help in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I am not sure why it's not showing in HWiNFO64 program but according to the specs your model has the support for NVMe M.2 SSD, I have attached a review(it says SATA but it supports NVMe as well) and a snip.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/524055/aspire-a715-71g-7955-m-2-ssd-port
    https://www.ultrabookreview.com/15610-acer-aspire-7-a715-71g-review/

• hosseinskandari

Tinkerer

edited November 2017
    Hi,
    I am not sure why it's not showing in HWiNFO64 program but according to the specs your model has the support for NVMe M.2 SSD, I have attached a review(it says SATA but it supports NVMe as well) and a snip.

The situation is weird! Is the snip a same model of Acer? maybe I should risk and buy it.
  • Hi,

The situation is weird! Is the snip a same model of Acer? maybe I should risk and buy it.
    Yes, it's from the same model, I think it's not recognised by HWiNFO64 as laptop is a new model, I will report this to the author of that program.
  • Hi,
    Could you please expand "PCI Express x16 Controller" as a matter of interest.
  • hosseinskandari

Tinkerer

edited November 2017
    there you go. Also when I touch the body of laptop in metal regions (almost everywhere) with back of my hand I sense an electricity like feeling.
    Is it normal? cause the body is almost metallic every where except bottom side.

2.PNG 173.3K
  • Hi,
    Thanks for that, if you get electricity shock, even if it's minor I would suggest you to return the product as it could be a manufacturing fault, get a replacement.
  • hosseinskandari

Tinkerer

it is not a shock I mean. I feel a buzzing feeling when I sweep the back of my hand on metallic parts of the laptop. when I turn off and unplug the charger, the buzzing finishes. so definitely I am feeling something.
  • It shouldn't happen at all, it's better to return and get a replacement.
  • Eskandari
    Eskandari Member Posts: 2 New User
    I searched and asked the guarantee guys. The problem is that I used an electrical hub which does not support earthing. I connected the charger to the socket (with proper earth node) and the problem got solved. Clearly, laptops with a metalic body (like other electrical tools in the kitchen and so on) need to have the earth cable connected to equalize their body Voltage with the apartments earth.
    Also about the M.2 socket, the guy said that I need to open the laptop. A similar laptop model may have the ability of M.2 but the socket may not be installed physically on the motherboard.
  • Eskandari said:
    I searched and asked the guarantee guys. The problem is that I used an electrical hub which does not support earthing. I connected the charger to the socket (with proper earth node) and the problem got solved. Clearly, laptops with a metalic body (like other electrical tools in the kitchen and so on) need to have the earth cable connected to equalize their body Voltage with the apartments earth.
    Also about the M.2 socket, the guy said that I need to open the laptop. A similar laptop model may have the ability of M.2 but the socket may not be installed physically on the motherboard.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your post, glad you got the electrical problem resolved :)
  • Eskandari
    Eskandari Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Thanks for your post, glad you got the electrical problem resolved :)
    Thank you so much. Yeah, it really got me worried. I am too glad that the problem solved.
  • Vxleo
    Vxleo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi,
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/524055/aspire-a715-71g-7955-m-2-ssd-port

Is this same for Acer Aspire 7 a715-71g-52sk?
    Because I know it has a m.2 slot but dont know which to buy...
  • hosseinskandari

Tinkerer

Vxleo said:
    Hi,

Is this same for Acer Aspire 7 a715-71g-52sk?
    Because I know it has a m.2 slot but dont know which to buy...
    Hei pal. No worries. I bought Nvme Samsung 970 Evo 512 Gb and it is ticking like a cloak. Now that I installed it, It shows it in Hwinfo!! which is weird.

• Sepide
    Sepide Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi guys.
    I have the above model of Acer laptop. This link comes up on acer website when I enter my S/N and it shows the configuration correctly.
    I want to check if this model support any kind of M.2 or normal port devices including SATA3 or Nvme types. I checked this thread about a similar model but I have doubts about my situation.
    This is the HWINFO screenshot. I think the device  has no free PCIE 2x or 4x to use for SSD.
    Also I don't understand the number of sata ports. This model has no optical drive. When I enter BIOS, it shows SATA0 and SATA1. SATA0 is free and SATA1 is connected to the hard drive.

Hi,Did you buy ssd m2 PCIe ? Did this model support  M.2 PCIe ?
  • @Sepide Is your model the a715-71g? If this is not the model, the ideal is to create a new thread.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hosseinskandari

Tinkerer

Sepide said:
    Hi guys.

Dear Sepideh,

Yeah, I have purchased and installed this SSD (Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb Nvme) more than a year ago and it works like a charm.
    highly recommended.
    Also if you have any Nvme SSD that requires PCIe, the laptop model I am using supports it.
    If you had any question you can email me. Hossein.skandari@gmail.com
  • Sepide
    @Sepide Is your model the a715-71g? If this is not the model, the ideal is to create a new thread.
    Yes,it's a715
  • Sepide
    Sepide said:
    Hi guys.

Dear Sepideh,

Yeah, I have purchased and installed this SSD (Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb Nvme) more than a year ago and it works like a charm.
    highly recommended.
    Also if you have any Nvme SSD that requires PCIe, the laptop model I am using supports it.
    If you had any question you can email me. Hossein.skandari@gmail.com
    Thank you so much