So my GPU is not showing on predator sense and gpu fan is not there either

chm2467
chm2467 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I already uninstalled predator sense and reinstalled it like 10 times it was there before I reinstalled windows because I couldn’t update windows and I couldn’t activate it after a motherboard replacement I have an Acer predator 17 model G9-793-78cm   

Best Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    It should be G9-793. I think they installed a generic copy of windows or not the proper version for your laptop. With this predator sense recognises that the device is a predator, but without the proper customised version installed, it doesn't recognise you predator as g9-793.

Same thing happened to me not long ago(about 6-7months ago i think after motherboard replacement) where on my GX-791 they installed the windows version for G9-791(under windows instead of GX-791 it was g9-791) and I also didn't have the GPU frequency and fan there. I suggest you to contact Acer again.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Better don't open it. Call Acer and tell them that USB ports now aren't working.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Answers

• ven98
    This should be gone, when you update the Nvidia driver to latest version from Nvidia's website.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• chm2467

Tinkerer

Also the USB ports on the left aren’t working 
  • chm2467

Tinkerer

I have the latest driver update still not showing 
  • ven98
    Can you check your BIOS version and post it here. In run command type msinfo32 and in system summery you will see it there.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ven98
    edited November 2017
    Before that please go in windows setting(click on windows icon at bottom left and then settings). In system and about, tell me what model of your laptop is displayed there.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• chm2467

Tinkerer

Ok on system info shows device ID and product ID?
    and my bios is version 1.12
  • ven98
    I want you to go here: http://prntscr.com/hci940, then here: http://prntscr.com/hci9kc and finally here: http://prntscr.com/hciaeo. Where you see the 'GX-792', what is written on your laptop there?

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• chm2467

Tinkerer

ok I dont have any text there
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    It should be G9-793. I think they installed a generic copy of windows or not the proper version for your laptop. With this predator sense recognises that the device is a predator, but without the proper customised version installed, it doesn't recognise you predator as g9-793.

Same thing happened to me not long ago(about 6-7months ago i think after motherboard replacement) where on my GX-791 they installed the windows version for G9-791(under windows instead of GX-791 it was g9-791) and I also didn't have the GPU frequency and fan there. I suggest you to contact Acer again.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• chm2467

Tinkerer

I'll try to reinstall windows 10 then but what about my usb ports ? would i have to open it and check theyre connected ?
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Better don't open it. Call Acer and tell them that USB ports now aren't working.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• chm2467

Tinkerer

Thank you I’ll contact them later I’ll perform a clean installation of windows 10 if that doesn’t solve at least some of my problems I’ll contact them