Acer g276hl Screen Distortion Help

CharlesChan
CharlesChan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I was playing my games last night and suddenly everything on the screen became distorted.
The whole screen became brighter and blurry and the top and bottom area was being cut off.
I tried connecting it to another computer and it still appear the same problem.
I tried changing all the settings but the problem still couldn't be solved.

Sorry for my camera might not be very accurate but from the 2nd image you can see that the bottom portion is being cut off.

Anyone can help me please.  T_T

Best Answer

• CharlesChan

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hey guys, I'm glad to inform you all that my monitor has been fixed. 

What I did is i download a software called the JScreenFix  and I run the Accurate equalized repair strategy for like 1-2hours.

The first 4-5 tries did not work and just as I was about to give up, my screen suddenly flicker every second for like 30 minutes and suddenly the screen is fixed back to normal.
    Although the screen quality is not as good as it used to be now but there is no more ghosting, no more blur image , no more overlapping etc.

However,mine might be just a miracle that it's fixed back to normal, I'm not sure if this strategy will also work for others.

Anyway , I had emailed to Acer support service.
    They says they had no idea how to fix it either.

I hope my sharing can save many monitor's souls.

Cheers.

Answers

• Hi,
    Move your cursor to the edge and expand the screen with the double sided arrow and see whether it fixes the problem.

• CharlesChan

Tinkerer

Nope, the cut off area cannot be accessed by mouse.
    This appear the same for different computer.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    had you try different video cables too?

if so, it's a monitor hardware issue, you need to call Acer support service.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • CharlesChan

Tinkerer

I tried VGA cable and a different HDMI cable but it still remain the same :anguished:
  • CharlesChan

Tinkerer

Now i tried to play music with the monitor speaker, it seems like the music also become distorted intermittently.
  • CharlesChan

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hey guys, I'm glad to inform you all that my monitor has been fixed. 

What I did is i download a software called the JScreenFix  and I run the Accurate equalized repair strategy for like 1-2hours.

The first 4-5 tries did not work and just as I was about to give up, my screen suddenly flicker every second for like 30 minutes and suddenly the screen is fixed back to normal.
    Although the screen quality is not as good as it used to be now but there is no more ghosting, no more blur image , no more overlapping etc.

However,mine might be just a miracle that it's fixed back to normal, I'm not sure if this strategy will also work for others.

Anyway , I had emailed to Acer support service.
    They says they had no idea how to fix it either.

I hope my sharing can save many monitor's souls.

Cheers.