Acer Predator 17 G9-793 Screen flickers a lot when at desktop or websurfing ( but not in games)

MisterX101
MisterX101 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have the very latest bios, Video and chipset drivers available from Acer/NVidia but this hasnt helped my issue.
When first booting to desktop its at its worst, screen flickers pretty often but settles down a little after a minute ( but never stops completely)

Doesnt seem to happen in game. 
Laptop is only a few weeks old.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Other individuals from this forum have reported similar issues and they had to send it to Acer to fix it as it is a hardware related issue. Please contact Acer support in your region.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    You can reset the battery. Here is how: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If it doesn't help, then I suggest you to update the BIOS to latest version. You can download from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6965?b=1

The latest version is 1.12 and can be found under BIOS/Firmware.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• MisterX101
    Hi there,  I will try the battery thing and report back , my bios is already at 1.12
    Thanks for the suggestion  Will post my results!
  • MisterX101
    sadly there is no improvement in the flickering
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Other individuals from this forum have reported similar issues and they had to send it to Acer to fix it as it is a hardware related issue. Please contact Acer support in your region.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system