Problem Acer Predator Helios 300

MarshaLL
MarshaLL Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
A month ago I purchased this notebook and from the start I have problems with chopping Windows 10. It happens that when I click on the desktop with the right mouse button, the notebook hangs on 1s and then goes on, I can not move with the mouse or the keyboard. I reinstalled the whole Windows and the problem takes on. I found that it is doing an internal graphics card, sometimes the notebook on 1s grips and then goes on when the external graphics card geforce gtx 1060 does not cut any cuts. Can you please help me? Maybe there is a bug somewhere in the setting, I'm already crazy

Best Answer

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Using regedit (click the start button and type regedit), go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ and delete the two folders that start with "igfx". Be careful modifying registry. If you delete anything you are not supposed to, you will have to reinstall Windows.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Answers

• This problem is pretty wide spread. What seems to help is removing the Intel Control Panel from the Desktop Context Menu.

Skelo
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • MarshaLL
    ok thank you how do i remove it?
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Using regedit (click the start button and type regedit), go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ and delete the two folders that start with "igfx". Be careful modifying registry. If you delete anything you are not supposed to, you will have to reinstall Windows.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss
  • MarshaLL
    thank you many times, it's already after chopping