When I am at full battery on my Acer nitro 5

Alpha_slayer18
Alpha_slayer18 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
When I am at full battery on my Acer nitro 5 dose it automatically stop charging and why dose it only get up to 30 fps when I don't charge?

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    When your battery hits 100% it stops charging. The reason, why your performance drops when not charging, is to save your battery from damage, caused by very quick discharge. If the laptop used 100% performance, while on battery power, your battery life will be about twice less.

Keeping thr laptop plugged in all the time isn't harmful to your battery.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    When your battery hits 100% it stops charging. The reason, why your performance drops when not charging, is to save your battery from damage, caused by very quick discharge. If the laptop used 100% performance, while on battery power, your battery life will be about twice less.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Alpha_slayer18
    Alpha_slayer18 Member Posts: 2 New User
    ven98 said:

Thank you:D
  • Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Thanks for clarifying this. I have been seeing different theories online as to how 'discharging' is important even though it decreases the lifecycle (Charge Cycles if you may). I was in a dilemma. And now i always keep my laptop plugged in instead of occasionally plugging out the AC plug to drain battery on purpose.