Dolby Digital Plus gone after getting an Insiders Preview build

HenryLinc
HenryLinc Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I'm using Acer Aspire R7, and running on Insiders Preview Build (Slow ring) OS Build 16291.0.

My problem here is, each time when I get an update for Insiders Preview Build, my Dolby Digital Plus will stop working/gone. I had to reinstall it by going to  Program Files (x86) > Realtek > Audio > DS1 and run the DolbyDigitalPlusHT.msi, and then choose repair to fix missing or corrupted files to bring back the Dolby Digital Plus. And of course my custom equalizer will also gone after an update. And I had to do this step each time I get an update for Insiders Preview Build.

So my question, is there any way that I can do so I will not loose my Dolby Digital Plus after getting an update? I dont want to loose my custom equalizer. I hate it, each time I had to set my custom equalizer again. Is there is a file that contains the data of my custom equalizer? I can't find it tho.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>And I had to do this step each time I get an update>>>.

What have you tried so far that the MS Insiders users have suggested? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HenryLinc

I mean the step is, by running the DolbyDigitalPlusHT.msi to restore the Dolby... but still loose my custom equalizer... so basically not a really sollution to me. I just dont want my custom equalizer to be gone.

• JackE

>>>I mean the step is, by running the DolbyDigitalPlusHT.msi to restore the Dolby... but still loose my custom equalizer>>>

Was this step recommended by people who joined the Insiders user group? If yes, what else did they recommend so that you do not lose the custom equalizer every time an update was installed? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• HenryLinc

No, I haven't report this to the Insiders Programme. It's just, I discovered myself of how to reinstall the Dolby. So I can tell that no one knows about this except you.

• JackE

If you haven't done it yet, I suggest that you immediately join and post a new conversation item in the Insider Program techcommunity to see if anyone can suggest a way to stop the updates from apparently deleting DD+ along with all your DD+ customizations. This seems like a persistent bug in the Insider updating process that should be reported to Microsoft experts ASAP! Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• HenryLinc
    Well Uhmm... Actually I already posted it. But no one replies. Desperate of answers that makes me post this problem in this community.
  • JackE

Post it again. And again if necessary until somebody responds. You can also ask the techcommunity direct questions to try to get an answer. There seems to be other ways, some of them indirect links from the Insider Program , to try to get attention on this adverse update affect on DD+. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HenryLinc

Oh hahaha... alrighty then. I already posted it on Feedback Hub and Microsoft Community. Feedback Hub seems not functional at all. So I think I'm gonna wait for Microsoft Community. By the way, thanks for having your time with me. This is the best community I'd ever joined. You guys answer the question so quick.

• fws98ws6tt
    fws98ws6tt Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    > @HenryLinc said:
    > Oh hahaha... alrighty then. I already posted it on Feedback Hub and Microsoft Community. Feedback Hub seems not functional at all. So I think I'm gonna wait for Microsoft Community. By the way, thanks for having your time with me. This is the best community I'd ever joined. You guys answer the question so quick.

if you find an answer i have the same problem, thank you
  • > @HenryLinc said:
    > Oh hahaha... alrighty then. I already posted it on Feedback Hub and Microsoft Community. Feedback Hub seems not functional at all. So I think I'm gonna wait for Microsoft Community. By the way, thanks for having your time with me. This is the best community I'd ever joined. You guys answer the question so quick.

if you find an answer i have the same problem, thank you

Hi,
    You will have similar problems with IP builds, they are actually unfinished OS released only for testing purposes, MS won't respond to each and every feed back but they gather information sent by the users to develop the stable build, so only alternative is to switch to current stable build to avoid any incompatibilities.