Predator Helios 300 Missing HDD caddy and SATA cable

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hi all,

If your location is in another region than US or Canada, would need to contact your local technical support to inquire about ordering these parts in your country http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/. If an physical address in the US or Canada can be provided, we will ship the parts to that address and they would then be responsible for mailing the parts to your current location, at your expense.  

Note: Unfortunately we do not deliver packages to freight forwarder's addresses.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Acer-Manny  

• Himbron
    Himbron Member Posts: 1 New User
    I contacted acer support in Europe. I don't know if this is bad or good. Don't know why should I pay for it, as it should be included in the laptop in the first place "It is possible to buy spare parts to install HDD to Your unit. Price is 25,17€ with VAT and with transport. If You want to buy it, pleas write address with phone number and VAT code (if invoice will be for company). Payment is made on delivery."
  • CapitanMouth
    CapitanMouth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same Problem Here, making this post to be able to let a message!.
  • zut72
    zut72 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I have the same problem, contacted vi chat Acer Italy, and they told me that at the moment the spare parts are not available but they i can order them (who knows when they'll arrive...)
  • darkreign11
    darkreign11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,

I am based in Mauritius and ordered the Helios from Amazon. Received the laptop, all good but without missing HDD caddy and SATA cable when i was just on the point of installing an HDD. Can any one help please?
  • Dhiman123567
    Dhiman123567 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi guys,
    I too bought the Acer Predator Helios 300 and it seems to have a missing HDD caddy for adding another HDD. I would like to know if you get the kit in India.
  • Murtoman
    Murtoman Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Just sending a message here to get the PM to acer blayn. Trying to find the HDD Bracket aswell
  • Cayo_fvb
    Cayo_fvb Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys,
    I bought the Acer Predator Helios 300 and it seems have a missing HD caddy for adding another HDD. I would like to know if get the kit in USA. 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Yes you can. Just contact Acer support.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Luantruong87
    Luantruong87 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I need them too, if I can’t contact customer support, where can I purchase it?
  • GokulRam
    GokulRam Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi guys,
    I too bought the Acer Predator Helios 300 and it seems to have a missing HDD caddy for adding another HDD. I would like to know if you get the kit in India.
    same problem here.
  • Selectra
    Selectra Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hey guys, I could find the bracket online, but failed to find the HHD cable for Helios 300... If someone can help me find it online I'd really appreciate it.. And tell me if any different cable brand is compatible with this laptop.
  • xunile
    xunile Member Posts: 1 New User
    Selectra said:
    Hey guys, I could find the bracket online, but failed to find the HHD cable for Helios 300... If someone can help me find it online I'd really appreciate it.. And tell me if any different cable brand is compatible with this laptop.
    The cable is available on ebay. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5338225085&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FNew-Acer-Predator-Helios-300-G3-571-G3-572-Laptop-Hard-Drive-Connector-Cable-%2F202020450359
  • UzairRizky
    UzairRizky Member Posts: 3 New User
    how to contact suppport..
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited January 2018

Hi all,

Please keep in mind that if  you don’t feel comfortable with the installation instructions we have provided https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46866, we can always receive the unit in our repair center and install the kit at no cost (U.S. & Canada only), keep in mind that it can take 7-10 business days, this way you don’t have to worry about the risk of pulling or breaking any parts in your computer and voiding the warranty.

Technical support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support#_ga=2.250686278.1127364788.1509977106-1231825121.1509631759

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• Riezen1914
    Riezen1914 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've contacted Acer Support twice now with no results. I have given the correct address and spoke to customer support twice, who said that the parts were getting sent out and 3 months later, still no HDD caddy and/or cable. If anyone from Acer support still monitors this board please help. 
  • Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem, I was so tight. Why make some without the SATA connector?
  • Harshsinghal
    Harshsinghal Member Posts: 4 New User
    Where can I get the sata cable and caddy for my Helios 300 in India.pls help
  • Havoc
    Havoc Member Posts: 2 New User
    How do I get the HDD kit if I purchased the refurbished model? I tried contacting Acer Support and got the run around with them.