e1-572p WIFI stops working

ABS56
ABS56 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Thanks in advance for the help!

I have a Aspire E1-572p-6480 with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x adapter in it. the wifi works fine for about 12 hours up time. After that it disconnects and cannot reconnect until I restart the machine. The driver is 3.0.2.201 3/26/2016.

I have a USB wifi adapter that works fine in the laptop and does not disconnect even after days of on time.

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    if you can connect using the ethernet cable (LAN) first thing to try is to right click the wifi adapter on device manager and choose to uninstall, tick to uninstall software too if asked, reboot and let windows re-install, this (sometimes) force windows 10 to download a newer version of driver.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ABS56
    IronFly - I tried as recommended and it still has the same version of the driver. I can wait the 12 hours to determine if it disconnects again. But otherwise all is the same.

I welcome any more thoughts even if it is getting a new card.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    download this version:
    http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=startdown&id=2956&lang=en
    uninstall the previous and install the downloaded one

that webiste is 100% trustable, the exe just unzip the files, you need to run the setup.exe file to install drivers
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ABS56
    Thanks. I have the new driver installed. I will run it for a day and let you know here what happens. I welcome any other thoughts in the meantime.
  • ABS56
    Thanks for the help it appears to worked great!