Helios 300 when unplugged

hanwings
hanwings Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have my helios 300 for about a week now and I can't seem to solve this issue, when I am not plugged in I cannnot play games at all it's only at 20- 30fps. Before you say anything yes I have swicthed off battery saver in Nvidia settings, even the game says I am using the Gtx 1060, so it's not using the intergrated GPU. PLS HELP.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    With every predator is the same. It is just how it is designed to work. I have tried everything I can to somehow make the CPU and GPU work on max frequency when not charging, but it won't happen. When CPU is using only one core, it reaches max frequency, but when it uses all 4 cores the frequency goes up to half of the maximum frequency it is supposed to go. With the GPU it is the same. When loaded it will just be downclocked by 50%. I think the reason for this is, because this laptop is meant to be plugged to charger, while gaming, otherwise the battery will drain very quickly.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!