G3-571 stuck screw

willh7
willh7 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently bought a FireCuda 2TB HDD drive because I was wanting to upgrade my storage. Once I check the compartment and realized I didn't have key parts via YouTube, I contacted Acer and received my HDD kit today. Right now I'm trying to unscrew the back to insert the SATA cable but there's this stubborn screw that just won't come out. It's not stripped, or at least according to me being able to screw a bit out and screw it in with the same screwdriver it isn't. I just turn & turn & turn & turn but it won't come out, it'll stay in the same position. Not sure what to do here, help would be appreciated.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Best Answer

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Are you using a magnetic tipped screwdriver? If not try that, or back out the screw as far as you can and GENTLY pry on the panel that you're trying to open, maybe it's a deep screw and won't come out without some coaxing.

Answers

• Flx
    Answer ✓

Are you using a magnetic tipped screwdriver? If not try that, or back out the screw as far as you can and GENTLY pry on the panel that you're trying to open, maybe it's a deep screw and won't come out without some coaxing.

• willh7
    willh7 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Oh yeah I guess I never thought about that huh. Yeah that was easy, thanks for the help
  • Flx

You're welcome!