JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Does Device Manager show any device driver issues? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KTSIDDEQUE
    KTSIDDEQUE Member Posts: 5 New User

not showing bluetooth device drive  in device manager 

• JackE

Assuming no other Device Manager issues, open Control Panel. Search "bluetooth". Do you see any references to a bluetooth network device? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KTSIDDEQUE

no not showing like that 

• JackE

Some of these systems originally shipped without a bluetooth module installed. Are you ***absolutely*** sure that the machine had bluetooth connectivity with original factory Win7?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KTSIDDEQUE

In windows 7 OS mode its hav Bluetooth , after windows 10 updation , not showing 

• JackE

This is not unusual for Win10 downgrades. However, there are several options that may resolve the problem. Let's try the easiest first.

Go to http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers. Enter your machine's SNID or Aspire 5755g and download either the Win7 atheros or broadcom bluetooth driver zipfiles. Unzip the files. And then run the installation file in "Win7 compatibility mode" . 

Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• IZHARKHAN
    IZHARKHAN Member Posts: 1 New User
    I HAVE LOST MY BLUETOOTH DRIVER PLZ HLP ME
  • BlueOak
    BlueOak Member Posts: 1 New User
    My symptoms were:  A) Bluetooth stopped working; *B) The Bluetooth radio button was missing in settings; and C)  There were no Bluetooth devices in Device Manager.  This is what finally worked for me after restoring the system and reinstalling the latest driver from the Acer website had failed to solve it:

1)  Open Device Manager. 

2)  Within Device Manager, reveal items listed under "Universal Serial Bus" by clicking the symbol just to its left.  In my case, this revealed an entry for something called "Unknown Device" or something similar which had been shut down by Windows due to a reported error.

3)  Disable the unknown device by right clicking it and selecting "Disable Device".

4)  Enable the unknown device by the same method.

5)  Open settings > Bluetooth & other devices.

6)  Confirm that the radio button for Bluetooth has returned and that it is set to "on".

• joeynitro
    joeynitro Member Posts: 5 New User
    I found that uninstalling the "problem" driver and restarting the computer alway worked for me
    P.S. i'm on an Acer Aspire F 15 (F5-573G-790L) and just uninstalled a driver called "USB bluetooth device" in the "Universal Serial Bus Devices" Category
    also i don't mean to say i know a lot, in fact i duno ***** but uninstalling the appropriate driver then restarting seems to alway work for me and anyone else's computer i've tried this on, so don't blame me if it breaks your pc even more.
  • joeynitro
    joeynitro Member Posts: 5 New User
    lol they censored me
    524569 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Go to control panel, view devices and printers. Here I found driver error on my acer. Trouble shoot and it fixed it self. I didn't have to uninstall anything.
  • SantoshSurvase
    SantoshSurvase Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello guys,
    I have installed Windows 10 Pro on Acer Aspire 5755G and now I am not able to connect Bluetooth devices to my laptop. I have downloaded Bluetooth drivers from the official site for my model number and trying to install that but it shows an error as " No Bluetooth device was detected. please make sure that your Bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue the installation.

There is no Bluetooth device in the device manager.
    Please help me I have bought new wireless earphones and I want to connect them to my laptop.
  • njetherington
    njetherington Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is my problem exactly!  Tried lots of stuff suggested in this forum but still have no bluetooth.  At wits end.