acer aspire one 10 detacheble keyboard does not work\respond

smallface
smallface Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

The detachable keyboard  on my acer one10 does  not work.I think it maybe something to do with my leaving a pen drive in when the battery was low and it has reverted to screen mode only to save power. i have recharged the battery but can still only use it via the touch screen

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

Press & hold power button till machine shuts off. Re-seat the keyboard a half-dozen times to clean contacts. Leave the keyboard plugged in. Press the power button once to turn the machine back on. Report back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smallface

hi i tried your idea by switching off and reseating the keyboard 6 times.However i can t keep the keyboard plugged in because the electrical connection goes in through the tablet. it did nt work

• JackE

By "electrical connection", do you mean the AC adapter charger? Sorry, that's not what I meant by being plugged in. I only meant the keyboard being attached to the screen.

Let's start over.  Press & hold the power button again till the machine shuts down. Attach the keyboard. Then press the power button once to turn the system back on. Report back. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• smallface

Hi Itried it the way you suggested but no luck.any other thoughts ?

• JackE

OK. With the keyboard detached, go to Device Manager. Are any device driver issues highlighted with the keyboard detached? If none, keep Device Manager open. Then re-attach the keyboard. Are any issues highlighted with the keyboard attached? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smallface

hi there were no issues highlighted in either scenario.However i did notice that under the serial universal bus controller,  the usb root controller the extensible usb host controller  were ticked to allow the computer to shut down these devices to save energy

• smallface

inaddition to the above i found my way into the events viewfinder. i think this was all sparked of on tuesday morning when i had to rush from one meeting to another. in the rush i forgot to shut down the computer properly which was low on battery and to cap it all left a usb in the keyboard.In the events viewfinder it says there was a power trouble shooter event at precisely this time

• JackE

>>> extensible usb host controller  were ticked >>>

Is it highlighted (ticked?) with a redX or yellow! mark when you first open Device Manager? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• smallface

no it was n t ticked with red or yellow  it was just a plain black tick in a box.There is an icon on the bottom of the screen which is divided into 4squares which has a white x in a red circle.when i open this up it says configure mouse keys. i don t know how to make the white x go.maybe it is connected to the problem. i have never noticed it prior to this incident

• JackE

>>>In the events viewfinder it says there was a power trouble shooter event at precisely this time>>>

If you can identify the event's "precise date & time", go to Control Panel. Then search "restore point". Do you see a restore point listed that immediately precedes the date and time this event? Click show more restore points box if necessary. These restore points should've been automatically created with any WinUpdates. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ