Problems that occured after sleep mode

svchost
svchost Member Posts: 21 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi, i went sleep mode and left the PC for a few minutes. Then i came back and pressed enter to open it. But screen was almost like this.

Op2se.jpg

Not mine image, i found this on Google. This looks nearly same as mine.

Then i reboot the pc by pressing power button. It was fine. But CPU Mhz is ---- now, just nothing. Also "random screen" still happens after sleep mode. I tried resetting the battery but it didnt solve it.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• citykid145
    citykid145 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Roll back your display driver. Worked for me.

windows-x, choose device manager

open display adapter branch, right click on Intel HD Graphics, choose properties

click rollback driver button.

The new (bad) driver was dated 6/??/16 and the rolled back driver 4/22/16. 

Answers

• TicoA
    TicoA Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon

Hi svchost... first of all, I'm brazilian, so I think u need to forgive my poor english...

Well... I had exacly the same problem as u can see from attachment...predator.jpg

I noticed this issue after upragding my intel driver. The 20.19.15.4352 driver from G9-592 support area was giving me DWM.EXE errors. I wrote an e-mail to acer support team but no one answer till now... I really miss Dell's support... Anyway...

I went to Intel's download center and got the 22.20.16.4771 driver that gave me the same problem as yours.

Any solution? Well... I downloaded lots of x64 intel drivers from Microsoft Update Catalogue and tryed one by one... For my surprise the 21.20.16.4727 worked like a charm... no DWM.EXE erros and sleep mode back to normal.

Hope this work for u!

• svchost

Thanks for the reply! I'm gonna try it. And also i noticed i even have the exact same square which appears on your screen. That's curious!

wow.PNG

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

What happens if you boot into safe mode? Restart PC and spam f8 while it's booting up: Boot the computer and repeatedly press and release F8 until the Advanced Boot Options menu pops up. Then you can select Safe Mode.

From here you can see if it's a driver or not or even get rid of the offending driver. You also might want to turn off automatic driver updates in windows if you haven't already. This will prevent windows from updating to drivers on it's own leaving you out to dry. Once you reboot normally into windows do this to disable automatic driver updates:

1. Press "Windows Key" + "Pause Break" key

2. A window will open, look to the left hand side and click on "Advanced System Settings"

3. Another window will open, click on the "Hardware" tab

4. On the "Hardware" tab look for "Device Installation Settings" and click on that

5. One more window will open, tick the circle next to "No" and then "Save Changes" at the bottom

• TicoA
    That strange square is just the adaptation of the pointing device to this wierd screen... lol

Let me know if u find a proper driver for your equipment and get the issue solved!

Regards
  • TicoA
    Interesting procedures Flx...

With the original Acer driver 20.19.15.4352 I got a Windows update to a driver version that gives the sleep-mode issue (it was a different driver version that I can't remember the number but another then 21.20.16.4727)...

From the moment... another driver from original (20.19.15.4352) stopped DWM.EXE errors but the sleep-mode issue appears, we can assume that is a driver problem. As the 21.20.16.4727 solved both problems we're sure that is a driver problem...

Till now the 21.20.16.4727 don't get an automatic update.

In my opinion Intel's support decreased a lot, but it is another discussion... ;-)

If Acer provides a new driver for my equipment after my e-mail I'll let u know!

Regards
  • Flx

Yea the auto driver updates can really screw with things as you've seen, you don't want windows deciding what drivers are "best" for you. Glad you got it sorted though, this is definitely a strange issue.

• svchost

Another issue occured too after this. I wasnt able to connect wifi. But today, i just booted it and there were no CPU Mhz problem and wifi connection issue anymore. But sadly, weird screen is remained. I will update this topic when i find a solution, it might solve it itself again maybe Smiley Very Happy. Thanks for the replies.

• Lyon
    Lyon Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter

I have exactly the same issue. Acer never more, i have only problems with this laptop.

[inappropriate content removed]

• ngek202
    ngek202 Member Posts: 11 New User

this happens on what particular model?

• TicoA

Mine is G9-592...

In my researches for a "proper" intel driver I just found an interesting "BIOS" update for G9-593 laptops...

Sem título.png

A discover the DWM.EXE error exactly watching a youtube video... but no courage of getting a "BIOS" file of another model. In this way I started the "quest" described above...

EDIT: When i said "no courage of getting a "BIOS" file of another model" I thought it was a specific file for a specific issue but no... it is a BIOS version... Smiley Wink

• Lyon

G9-591.

• svchost

Mine is G9 - 591

• Flx

I wouldn't mess with the BIOS update for another model, the wrong BIOS can brick your computer permanently.

• TicoA

Yeah...

As I said before (EDIT) I thought it was a specific file for a specific issue but no... it is a BIOS version.

My bad...

Let's keep waiting for BIOS updates or even Intel VGA driver updates for our specific models...

• Flx

Oh my bad I missed the part where you edited. Hopefully someone can push an update for you guys!

• Kenshin0011
    Kenshin0011 Member Posts: 17 New User

I have the same problem with my Acer Predator 15 G9-591

I've had this laptop for 1 year and 3 months, and this hasn't happened until just a couple of days ago...

When put to sleep, and then woken up, the screen is either black or glitched out a bit like your image. I have to hold the power key to shut it down, and then it works fine when booting up from shut down.

Anyone find a firm solution? Doesn't seem to be a coincidence that this is happening to use relatively at the same time!

• citykid145
    citykid145 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓

Roll back your display driver. Worked for me.

windows-x, choose device manager

open display adapter branch, right click on Intel HD Graphics, choose properties

click rollback driver button.

The new (bad) driver was dated 6/??/16 and the rolled back driver 4/22/16. 

• fjaoaoaoao
    fjaoaoaoao Member Posts: 1 New User

I am also having this problem since a couple days ago!

Intel Graphics HD 520 

Aspire R5-471T

Intel Core i5-6200U

• svchost

It worked for me too, thanks citykid.

• Lyon
    Driver rollback is the solution? Really? Oh wow, good work Acer. Just rollback and update never more, awesome troubleshooting.