Predator Helios 300 Missing HDD caddy and SATA cable

mobramaein
mobramaein Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I just bought a Predator Helios 300 and a secondary hard drive from Amazon, but to my surprise when I opened the computer there was neither a HDD caddy, nor a SATA cable to connect the hard drive to. 

Is there a way I can acquire these parts for me to install a second drive? 

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

To order the HDD kit that includes a hard drive mounting bracket, 8 screws (2 sets of 4), and a SATA HDD connector, please contact technical support in your region. Availability of this kit may vary by country and region. If you are in the US or Canada, you can use the link below to Chat with an agent and request the hard drive mounting kit part #42.Q28N2.SV1. This kit is only available for qualified Predator Helios 300 models.

Chat with an agent (US and Canada only)

Users outside of the US and Canada, please contact your local Support to inquire about this part #: NC.23811.04N.

Answers

• aks895
    aks895 Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hey

I just bought the new Acer Predator Helios 300, and found that i was missing the hdd mounting tray inside the hdd bay.

How can i get one from acer? or is there any other soultion for mounting the hdd? Please help

Thank You

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

In which country do you live?

France
  • aks895
    aks895 Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Im living in California,USA

Also i had contacted acer predator premium service on phone, they are going to ship me the mounting bracket to my address.

• MattCBR
    MattCBR Member Posts: 2 New User

So i just recieved my Helios 300 from Amazon with the game drive bundle and it doesn't have the caddy and SATA cable to install the 2nd HDD. I know im supposed to message Acer-Blayn for the parts, but whenever i try to private message him, it doesnt give me an option to compose a message.

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello MattCBR,

The Private Message system does not become active until a member makes their first post.  Now that you have done so, you should have no problems.

Hope that helps.

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Remember to mention the # of screws you need, you should have gotten 4 in your box in a little baggy and you need 8 total to mount and secure the drive.

• MattCBR
    MattCBR Member Posts: 2 New User

Ok thank you, but what do i do about the missing SATA cable, do i get one sent to me? And how would i go about installing the cable?

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi MattCBR,

To order the HDD kit that includes a hard drive mounting bracket, 8 screws (2 sets of 4), and a SATA HDD connector, please contact technical support in your region. Availability of this kit may vary by country and region. If you are in the US or Canada, you can use the link below to Chat with an agent and request the hard drive mounting kit part #42.Q28N2.SV1. This kit is only available for qualified Predator Helios 300 models.

[Updated solution with new request proceudre and merged the thread.]

• Flx

Yea just message him and let him know each part you need. He might be able to help you with how to install the cable also, can't hurt to ask anyway

• J_Pinion154
    J_Pinion154 Member Posts: 1 New User

i also have the same problem, sending him a message now!

• LMSG30
    LMSG30 Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer-Blayne,

I too just purchased my Helios 300 and have no caddy, screws or cable to install an HDD. Could you please contact me with further instructions?

Thanks, 

Lee

• Flx

You might have better luck contacing him directly: http://community.acer.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/13

• Aaronn
    Aaronn Member Posts: 1 New User

I am also having the same issue and am missing a caddy and Sata cable. sending message now. I feel like ya'll should probably get this issue fixed for future customers.

• USCGdave86
    USCGdave86 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, 

I just recieved my Acer Pred today and was also surprised to see that it didnt come with the caddy or the sata cable. I tried the link to private message the guy who is supposed to be helping with this but it doesnt give me the option to type in a message. Can yall help me out. Thanks

V/R

Dave

• Flx

You have to make 1 post before you can send private messages, try it again

• Flx

Contact Acer-Blayn, http://community.acer.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/13 . You'll need 8 screws total and should have gotten 4 in your box, so let him know how many you need. Good luck

• mobramaein
    mobramaein Member Posts: 3 New User

Thank you! I will contact him

• Flx

You're welcome! Also mention you need a SATA cable since yours is missing. Good luck

• JASM
    JASM Member Posts: 1 New User

Missing the HDD mounting Tray and the 4 screws to connect the mounting tray aswell would like to know what steps are required to obtain this items has soon as possible.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Users outside of the US and Canada, please contact your local Support to inquire about this part #: NC.23811.04N.