Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-56U0 SATA cable not provided

ArmyAirAssault
ArmyAirAssault Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

It's been a couple of days now and I've calmed down, the "lower" model of the Nitro 5 has a HDD bay but no Sata cable to add a hard drive to the Computer. Getting past the literal cents they saved by crippling a “gamming” computer my question is what Cable do I need to purchase to fix the computer. I’ve opened up the back and the HDD slot is extremely slim and narrow connecting to the MoBo, a model number or link would be Very much appreciated! I’ve been trying to get it through customer support, however they can not help me online and give me numbers where they just hang up or don’t answer.

Tldr:

An ebay/amazon link to the correct Sata cable would be amazing!

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello,

It's weird. As I can see, it should be shipped with the HDD cable and bracket.

1. Do you have the HDD bracket?
    2. Could you check if your S/N starts with NHQ2RAA001...
    3. In which country do you live?
    France
  • ArmyAirAssault

Hello,

I do not have HHD bracket did not come in box or laptop, yes my S/N Matches that perfectly and continues of course, I live in America / USA. Thanks

• ArmyAirAssault

I've found that it says if not provided contact Acer support. That’s where I fall into the online they can not help me and give me phone numbers that no one picks up on or they hang up during the "validation" sequence.

• Hello,

I'm going to contact an Acer technician. May be he will be able to help you.

France
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

ArmyAirAssault,

Very sorry your specific model did not include the kit you needed for the upgrade. A very small number of this model did not include a kit, but I will be happy to send you one. Can you please send me a private message with your name, mailing address and serial number, so I can send you the kit?

• DYLBYL1234
    DYLBYL1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have the same problem i love the laptop but that fact i cant add a hard drive to this laptop is crazy i have a bay with no caddy or cable just a empty hard drive bay and i literally already filled the ssd and am forced to use sd cards no joke
  • ArmyAirAssault

Acer Blayn,

Color me impressed! Thank you very much! Two days (one day really) and I have a box in my mail box with the Sata Cable! Thank you!!! Installed and we are in business!

• Galaxypig
    Galaxypig Member Posts: 3 New User

ArmyAirAssault,

Very sorry your specific model did not include the kit you needed for the upgrade. A very small number of this model did not include a kit, but I will be happy to send you one. Can you please send me a private message with your name, mailing address and serial number, so I can send you the kit?

I am in the same category as the asker, and i need the drive connector. Also, if/when i get the connector, where on the motherboard would it connect?
  • EzeQ
    EzeQ Member Posts: 2 New User

ArmyAirAssault,

Acer-Blayn, I have the exact same problem. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-56UO and came without carry disk nor the cable to connect a disk.
    I cant find how to pm. Would you send me a personal message so that I can give you my details and solve the problem? Thanks.
  • EzeQ
    EzeQ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Acer-Blayn, just sent you a pm with my details
  • Mr_Furry_Tail
    Mr_Furry_Tail Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have exactly the same problem, but Acer-Blayn  last activity in somewhere in 2014... ((
    Who can help me?
  • Cajunese
    Cajunese Member Posts: 1 New User
    I too did not get the drive cable or bracket.  How can I go about getting a kit?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi all, 

There is an official post on this matter we have created on the following link https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533520/how-to-get-the-hdd-caddy-and-sata-cable-to-install-a-second-drive-in-my-predator-helios-300 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Norcott
    Norcott Member Posts: 1 New User
    Still searching for a link for this kit I've read about when purchasing the Nitro AN515-51. The link Acer-Manny keeps giving is for Predator Helios. Which is useless.
  • patreek
    patreek Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the AN515-51 as well and it wont let me request the cable........ called support entered info and it just disconnects.
  • DVGaylin
    DVGaylin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Very disappointing. I too thought this post was for the Nitro 5. The links are no good. Please update with a link for the Nitro 5...
  • DVGaylin
    DVGaylin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Acer-Manny's link does not work for the Nitro 5. Is there a link for the Nitro 5?
  • nimblehuman
    nimblehuman Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2018
    If any of you are still having a difficult time trying to get the necessary parts (in my case both the cable and the enclosure to add a 2.5" HDD to the empty space on the bottom of the laptop), give Acer's Live Chat a try.  I explained my issue to the agent and should be receiving the enclosure and cable within 10 business days.  Got nowhere with the phone people, they simply brushed me off as my son got the machine at Best Buy and not directly from them.  The HDD Enclosure order form on the Web site declared my model "Invalid" and would not let me proceed.  The agent I chatted with online was much more helpful, with her help I got this resolved in a matter of minutes.  https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch