Extended warranty for international

rahulchhabra19
rahulchhabra19 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello guys,

I am looking to buy predator helios 300. I have finalised everything. But having one query.
I am going to gift it to my cousin in India. Will he be able to get warranty.i can give him my ID proof.i am us citizen.
Is there any way I can buy warranty so that he can get warranty and can we extend it as well.
I am ok to pay extra Initially for international warranty.

Please confirm

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

I don't think you can extend an international warranty. If you are registered as an owner of this laptop and you send it to India, your cousin can use the International warranty. There is a booklet in the laptop's package, on which is written everything you have to know about international warranty. In short what you need to know is that you can send the laptop to international warranty repair, if you are able to show a proof of purchase. Also if you have bought the laptop from a different country, you can't use the international warranty in a country of which you are a citizen. For example lets say I live in India, but I purchase the laptop in USA and when I come back in India and the laptop breaks, you won't be able to use the international warranty, because you live there. It is actually called international travelers warranty, so it covers only the devices of travelers. But as the owner is you and your cousin is in India, he won't have any problem using the international warranty there, as long as he provides them with a proof of purchase.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• GOURAV42
    GOURAV42 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am going to buy Predator halios 300 i5 (indian version)via Flipkart in india . And it's comes with 1 year international warranty. Can i extend laptop warranty (indian version) in india? If yes how ? Please reply ..
  • saurabh_singh
    saurabh_singh Member Posts: 3 New User
    GOURAV42 said:
    I am going to buy Predator halios 300 i5 (indian version)via Flipkart in india . And it's comes with 1 year international warranty. Can i extend laptop warranty (indian version) in india? If yes how ? Please reply ..
    Register for extended warranty here :-  https://www.shopacer.co.in/
  • Anoop4389
    Anoop4389 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hai am from coimbatore and am planning to buy predator Helios 300 i7 8th gen laptop via flipkart which comes with a one year warranty. I just need to be sure whether it's an refurbished product beacuse a authorized store dealer told me tat all gaming laptops comes with 2yr warranty and when i visited acer india website it also has an link which leads me to flipkart to buy the product.
  • Anoop4389
    Anoop4389 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Please help.
  • Sdssenthil
    Sdssenthil Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Anoop, this is senthil. I am also from coimbatore. The product is not targetted for india but the product is geniune. They replace only chargers according to indian country electric system. Plz mail me at sammukavi2015@gmail.com for more information, if u need any  
  • MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Anoop4389 said:
    Hai am from coimbatore and am planning to buy predator Helios 300 i7 8th gen laptop via flipkart which comes with a one year warranty. I just need to be sure whether it's an refurbished product beacuse a authorized store dealer told me tat all gaming laptops comes with 2yr warranty and when i visited acer india website it also has an link which leads me to flipkart to buy the product.
    If Acer India's website shows Flipkart.com as an authorised seller, you need not to worry. Also you can contact Acer India directly and confirm the same and clear your doubts. Acer India support:- https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/