I have a Aspire E 15 and it saying no bootable device how do I fix it

Meganwilson0722
Meganwilson0722 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 22 in 2020 Archives
It's Windows 7 and saying no bootable device my computer is a Aspire E 15

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you press Alt+F10 keys at boot, are you able to enter Acer recovery?

please check also on BIOS (press F2 key at boot to enter it) if your HDD is listed as bootable device under Boot tab.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Meganwilson0722
    No it doesn't
  • Meganwilson0722
    Don't let me go to the recovery but it shows the HDD as a boot mode what do I do for that
  • IronFly

have you updated the BIOS or did any change to it?

• Meganwilson0722
    Not that I know of
  • IronFly

if you have a windows 7 bootable media (DVD or USB flash drive) try to boot from it and check if you are able to repair your installation.

• Meganwilson0722
    Do I A regular USB drive or should I go out and buy one because I don't have a DVD thing
  • IronFly

you can use any USB flash drive bigger than 8GB but you will need to find a valid windows 7 iso to create the installation media.

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

I would just like to add to the excellent advice given by Ironfly.

The message of no bootable device can be a change in the BIOS.  Even though you have not changed anything, it would be good to go and just run thru the settings and tell us about anything that shows a boot order / sequence.

It may be possible that your HDD has actually failed, and you want to recover data from it.

So if there is a sticker or anything that gives a Windows 7 key or serial number write it down.

If you have such a thing you then try and get a Microsoft downloadable iso and make a USB stick with that.

Other possibilities exist, but please explain your current capabilities and what you feel able to do with help from here.

• techblogchain
    techblogchain Member Posts: 1 New User

This tutorial works on all brand laptop /desktop working at windows platform. Follow these steps to fix your issue.

If you are getting the error "No Bootable device found"after updating Acer bios from 1.00 to 1.05 then follow these steps :

1. Forced shutdown your system by pressing the power key for little longer.
    2. Now restart your laptop/desktop.
    3. Press F2 key repeatedly and go to BIOS setup.
    4. Now go into main and F12 Boot Menu: Enable.
    5. Now to go Boot option/menu and change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy.
    6. Press F10 key and save and exit.
    7. And now reboot your system
    Check out the full article and video from the below link
    https://techblogchain.com/fix-no-bootable-device-problem-in-acer-aspire-e15/
  • Techgopal
    Techgopal Member Posts: 1 New User
    If you have installed windows8.1 or windows 10 or windows7 and after BIOS update you are getting an error like “insert boot disk” or “no boot device found press any key” or you have a problem with boot mode like UEFI to legacy this article l can fix you no bootable device problem in Acer aspire e15 or any other brands of laptop.

no bootable device Acer aspire e15 start

This tutorial works on all brand laptop /desktop working at windows platform. Follow these steps to fix your issue.

If you are getting the error “No Bootable device found”after updating Acer bios from 1.00 to 1.05 then follow these steps :

1. Forced shutdown your system by pressing the power key for little longer.
    2. Now restart your laptop/desktop.
    3. Press F2 key repeatedly and go to BIOS setup.
    4. Now go into main and F12 Boot Menu: Enable.
    5. Now to go Boot option/menu and change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy.
    6. Press F10 key and save and exit.
    7. And now reboot your system

Full article here : How to fix no bootable device acer aspire e15 at start ?

• dancop1997
    dancop1997 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited August 2020
    I did these steps above as was following the same issue- however, when I restarted the laptop, instead of coming back on I was greeted with this following page. Has anyone had similar issues and does anyone know how to resolve this? 

Many thanks